cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdrandall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 52

Re: HH6 Dropping connection

Just found this post and at least it confirms that I am not alone.

My HH6 also randomly stops accessing the interent. The blue light stays on, the HH6 GUI says it has a solid connection, BT's own line check says all is OK. But none of my connected devices can access the interent.

A restart usually fixes the problem but that it not always convenient and wastes time.

I have also reverted to our old HH5. What is even more annoying is that we paid £50 for the HH6 and it's currently rubbish. Apparently though, as we have waited more than 14 days to report the fault, we can't get our money back.

0 Ratings
kinetic747
Contributor
Message 12 of 52

Exact same issues for me. I initially bought the HH6 after WiFi issues with the HH5 and it worked flawlessly for several weeks. Over the last week or so I'm having the same problems reported here, solid blue light but no internet connection, only a reboot fixes it.

0 Ratings
CarlH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 52

It appears to be after a loss of sync but once DSL reconnects quickly you lose IPv6 and shortly after either DNS fails or there is a lack of routing

A reboot is then needed
0 Ratings
Oggie5976
Message 14 of 52

Thank goodness I'm not the only one. Was on the phone for 5 hours last week,talking to different people at BT. So what is the outcome/anything I have to do to fix it. Thanks Craig
0 Ratings
kinetic747
Contributor
Message 15 of 52

Well, my contract is up at the end of October and the email fiasco and now this has made me think of switching.
0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 16 of 52

Unfortunately signed up to a new contract to get this new 'improved' hub 6. Replacement arrived in post today but I don't hold out much hope that it will work any better. Might have to go back to hub 5 but can't get out of new contract!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Zephod
Message 17 of 52

I have had days of this and finally reverted to HH4 and Openreach modem and now have a solid stable connection , Given by the number of complaints it's obvious that this hub has been shipped to early and was not fully tested as such it's not fit for purpose.

Don't bother contacting the call centre they are a bunch of clowns that struggle to speak English let alone understand your problems

I am going to launch an official complaint
0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 52

Happened again now this morning. Solid blue light, but no Internet connection. I still have the HH5 but would rather the issues with the 6 are resolved than backtrack.

Any point in contacting CS and seeking another one to try?

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 52

Do you see anything in the log around the time of the issue, specifically any WAN issues?

As far as getting a replacement.... probably unlikely to help. I'm sure most of the problems being seen with the Hub are firmware rather than hardware.

Regards 

0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 52

I was actually out at the time, thoguh as I do testing for Eumetsat there were small ftp uploads at 15 minute intervals of MRTG data. WIFI was fine, just no Internet, and the logs showed nothing I could directly correlate with a disconnection. I wonder if some counters are getting filled to the point where the hub is no longer able to function at the DSL level.

0 Ratings