Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sukstr
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 52

Re: HH6 Dropping connection

So I'm not sure if I'm a "me too" or not.

My HH6 has actually been excellent for a while, but over the last couple of weeks, about once a day it would go into a reboot loop for about 30 minutes. At certain times during this cycle, I will be able to connect to the HH via Wireless and/or Ethernet; but not to the internet or to the Admin application on 192.168.1.254.

Switching it off and on again (that old IT trick) didn't seem to speed up the process - I'd just have to wait until it wanted to be sociable again.

Strangly, when it does decide to co-operate; I am unable to connect to 192.168.1.254 for about a further 5 minutes - even though I can access the interweb.

After a rather lengthy web-chat, BT have offered to replace my HH6 - so I live in hope of that resolving the problem.

0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 52

Thi is getting rediculous! Another connection gone AWOL tonight.

Solid blue light but no Internet.

I captured part of the technical log before rebooting. Am currently trying to do an online chat, but finding an agent is like looking for hen's teeth!hh6.jpg

0 Ratings
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 52

This whole saga is costing all of us precious time and a lot of us are at least £50 down . Under the sale of goods act goods have to be fit for purpose and it's total rubbish that we've only got 14 days before our entitlement to a refund is lost. That's only our legal right under the distance selling regs to cancel the contract (for any reason) . We still have a right to a refund for a reasonable length of time (undetermined but reasonable) when an item is faulty or doesn't meet standards. 
I think we need to bring this one to Which attention or Watchdog or something.
I'm on second hub and now back to my HH3 ..two doorstops .

0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 52

Just had an online chat - took welll over an hour but promised a replacement hub, so we'll see if it is hardware or firmware or a combination of both I suppose!

Cheers

0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 52

I am also having a suspicion that the current evening network major slowdown / bottleneck may contribute adversely to the performance of the HH6
0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 52

Only took three days this time for the Internet connection to die, but for the solid blue light to show. I do find however that a reboot from the GUI page is sufficient at the moment.

0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 52

Only lasted a day and a half, before coming home to find solid blue light, no ethernet GUI available, no wifi, no nothing!

Received the replacement HH6 this morning so will be trying it out later today.

Cheers

0 Ratings
milfy32
Contributor
Message 28 of 52

@mdrandall wrote:

Just found this post and at least it confirms that I am not alone.

My HH6 also randomly stops accessing the interent. The blue light stays on, the HH6 GUI says it has a solid connection, BT's own line check says all is OK. But none of my connected devices can access the interent.

A restart usually fixes the problem but that it not always convenient and wastes time.

I have also reverted to our old HH5. What is even more annoying is that we paid £50 for the HH6 and it's currently rubbish. Apparently though, as we have waited more than 14 days to report the fault, we can't get our money back.

My issue is different but the same.

My mobile and smart tv have both started to refuse to connect, my PC,mac and spare mobile work fine.

0 Ratings
milfy32
Contributor
Message 29 of 52

@Meteosat

Why does yout hub show a weird connection rate and mine shows the right stats? 

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 30 of 52

@milfy32

The Home Hub 6 has a bug for the display of the data rate on the Technical Log -> Information page. It should read 20.00 and 78.40 mbps and not kbps as shown. Other pages on the Hub, Home -> Status for example, show the value correctly so it may be you are looking at a different page.

Regards

0 Ratings