cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Co2-UK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: HH6 (Smart Hub) Connection/Speed Issue

It is now November. Been using my old home hub 5 since this problem as stated above and haven't had any problems.

Thought it was about time to re-install my home hub 6 (smart hub) and see if anything has been fixed. Updated my firmware and had the hh6 running for 1 day and 13 hours. Came home from work today and the same problem I was having back in April has happened again.

Not going to explain it because all the details you need are stated above. Don't know what to do now.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

go back to your hh5

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Co2-UK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Yep. That's what I'm thinking.
0 Ratings
Co2-UK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 15

It happened again. I have now gone back to my Home Hub 4 and don't have any problems.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Co2-UK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Started having same type of problems with Home Hub 4 back in April. Had another engineer come out. He tested Home Hub 4, Smart Hub and line and reported that all seemed ok. He replaced a cable at the local exchange. Seemed to fix the problem.

Few days later I had another engineer (OPENREACH) come out because the problem came back again. He did the same, checked the line etc. Engineer disconnected upstairs secondary socket and fitted new MK4 openreach master socket downstairs.

Problem seem to be fixed, speeds were as good as ever.

It's now July and the problem has returned again. Slow broadband speeds and occasional disconnects, even when using the Home Hub 4.

Engineer is coming out tomorrow but I'm worried they will either not find an issue or say they have fixed something only to see it happen again in due time.

We will see what happens.
0 Ratings