cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeb0007
Contributor
Message 1 of 19

HH6 Strange problem when reset

Hi, not sure if anyone else has ever had this but when I got my HH6 sometime ago I change the SSID to my old router setting and also the Wireless to my old Router setting so that I did not have to change all the other wireless device .

Recently, my upload speed ( which is poor anyway but only 300 yards from Cab 17 ) dropped from 7.5Mbps to 5.5 Mbps so after testing for quiet line and putting filter direct into the test socket it made no difference. So I waited a few days and then decided to reset the HH6,

Using the paper clip method and following the procedure, after the reboot I check the speed and that was the same, so no luck there.

It was not until a few days later I was checking the internal stats and notice that the SSID was completely different and the wireless was different, etc ,etc which of course it should be as it was reset to "As Delivered" BUT all my wireless devices still connect to the old SSID address and the Old Wireless key. The Old SSID does appear in the wireless scanning as well as the new one and the New SSID also is in the list.

As a test I selected the New SSID and entered the New Default wireless key and it connects OK. So I can connect to the old SSID with old WK and also to the New Reset SSD with New WK

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: HH6 Strange problem when reset

that is really an odd one     did you try factory reset again holding the recessed button 20/30secs until the hub lights flash?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Agreed:- It's an odd situation. Sometimes the paper clip method of resetting can fail.
To be absolutely sure you could try a factory reset from within the hub manager settings. But you must do this with an ethernet connection, otherwise it becomes confusing.

0 Ratings
jeb0007
Contributor
Message 4 of 19

Hello, I have not tried it again yet as I don't want DLM to make the upload slower than what it is.  The Router has been up for 7 Days, 17 Hours 42 Minutes 45 Seconds as we speaks and normally does a reboot between somewhere around the 10 to 14 days,, so I will wait till then

0 Ratings
jeb0007
Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Hi, have not yet tried that particular method but it is an alternative, As I mentioned to imjolly I don’t want DLM to make it slower than it is with constant resetting whilst experimenting so will see what happens after the reboot.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

Do you have any powerline adaptors or wireless repeaters that were connected via the "old" SSid.

If you do, did you change the SSid on them? 

If  not  your devices will be connecting through them because your devices will not have the "new" SSid if you have not set them up to connect via that.

They could also be the cause of your slow speed.

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

if you already have 7+ days conenction time the there will be no problem with DLM doing another factory reset now  if you wait for the hub reset 10/14 days and then do a factory reset so 2 resets in short space of time would be worse

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 19

A factory reset will normally restart the 14 days reboot time from that point in my experience of my old adsl connection so the op may need to do it at a convenient time when not usually browsing.

0 Ratings
jeb0007
Contributor
Message 9 of 19

I don't have any wireless repeater so it is a standalone Router. The slow speed had been a bit quicker.

At the beginning of September the stats were

8.49 Mbps / 35.00 Mbps
Maximum data rate:
7266 / 43977
Noise margin:
2.8 dB / 10.3 dB
Line attenuation:
21.8 dB

In July the stats were

7163 / 44182
Noise margin:
6.2 dB / 10.3 dB
Line attenuation:
21.8 dB

Now they are

5497 / 45563

Noise margin:

5.4 dB / 10.2 dB

Line attenuation:

21.4 dB

Not sure why it crept down to 2.8dB but it then started to go up again.

The down speed seems to stay the same but the up speed has changed.

Anyway, I will let it reboot and then take a view of what to do from all you guys advise

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

Are those figures maximum data rate or data rate? If, as I suspect, they are maximum data rate, they will fluctuate continuously. If the data rate has remained constant at 35M, DLM has banded your line.

0 Ratings