cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: HH6 Strange problem when reset

@licquorice wrote:

Are those figures maximum data rate or data rate? If, as I suspect, they are maximum data rate, they will fluctuate continuously. If the data rate has remained constant at 35M, DLM has banded your line.

There appear to two separate issues. The first is the ssid problem, and the second is the noise margin.

10.2db down seems high for 300m from the cabinet.

e.g. at 550 metres, mine sits at 3 dB (with g.inp).

So is the line banded?

First wait for results after a factory reset.

0 Ratings
jeb0007
Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Hi, yes , the figures were MAX data rate and has been banded for a very long time. ( IP Profile is 33.84 up and 10 down ). After some discussions quite a while ago with Exec BT helpline, they sent an" Engineer" out to look for a problem as it was not anywhere near the promised speed ( both up and down ).

When the " Engineer" came he did not even remove the face plate of the master socket so the phone line was still connected inside the socket. He just pulled out the RJ11 to the router, plugged in his meter and made a phone call to someone. He then laughed and said that’s all you will get. He then recited the Book of excuses… Street light, Aluminium wiring, laptops PSU in the same room, Heating switches, neighbours electrical system…. And so it when on..  

I did get a radio to check for REIN but there was nothing unusual as I compared it to next-door situation who is on the same pole and same underground cabling and same Cabinet 17 which is connect at a much higher speed…Many years before when I was on ADSL with a worse problem they moved me to a spare line which helped..

Customers seem to be in a situation of “ if I blag it, they won’t know “ but although I am in the electronic industry and do have understanding of this I let it pass as clearly he had no idea and there is no easy way to solve it apart from moving to Direct fibre from someone else.

Let’s see what happens. You can fight Openreach

0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 19

@Ribblelancs, SNRM has no correlation with distance from the cabinet. Your SNRM is lower probably because your line isn't banded and/or isn't syncing at the cap rate.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 19

The engineer was talking complete tosh, your line is capable of the max data rate. If your line has been stable (except for the 14 day reset) with no noise on 17070, DLM should have relented.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 19

Can you post the result of the DSL checker https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ edit out your phone number before posting.

0 Ratings
jeb0007
Contributor
Message 16 of 19

HI, I know he was talking Tosh..but you cant complain to anyone.

This was a few years ago when he came out....

I am in electronics with City & Guilds certification ( I build amateur radio TV equipment so do understand most the technology ) but did not want to upset him as it would make matters worse and to point out the Basic of what to do would be a bit embarrassing,. ,. All I wanted was for someone with a brain to say..This is the problem.. this is how WE will solve it,, but there is no repercussion with Openreach. Maybe he wanted to get home early or had a bad day or was just on his first day..BUT could not my risk ££££ call to sort it, so like most people you are stuck as the whole infrastructure is not really fit for purpose.

Clealy there is some sort of problem with the Up Speed which did not effect the Down speed.

Anyway, will wait for a reboot and then see what happens,

Many thanks for all you guys who have offered suggestions

0 Ratings
jeb0007
Contributor
Message 17 of 19

Hi , He is the cabinet details

cabinet 17.jpg

Not sure if I am on an Impacted line or not, ?

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

@Techwizz wrote:

@Ribblelancs, SNRM has no correlation with distance from the cabinet. Your SNRM is lower probably because your line isn't banded and/or isn't syncing at the cap rate.

Quite!

I’m on superfast fibre plus.

It took many months / years to obtain an improved stable speed, though.

Thought that o.p. could obtain faster speeds than quoted though, even on the lower capped rate.

At 300  metres, even aluminium shoudn’t be a significant factor.

0 Ratings
jeb0007
Contributor
Message 19 of 19

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated…

At the moment I can’t see any way forward with my poor up speed.

BT sent me an email the other day,,,

=====

We just wanted to let you know that we've launched Superfast Fibre Plus in your area.

-

Speeds on average 6x faster than our standard broadband

Salt into the wound....  🙂

Will keep you informed of the Wireless SSID problem

0 Ratings