Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sk_spooky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

HH6 Ultrafast issue with 1 PC in home not being allocated a valid IP address

Hi,

For the past couple of days my main gaming PC seems to have stopped being able to access the internet via my HH6 (ultrafast). I've tried shutting down/restarting the hub, factory reset on the hub, reseting the network adapter on my PC, using both a wired and wireless connection on the PC to see if that sorts it but to no avail. 

All other devices in the house, numerous idevices, andriod phones, sky, PS4 etc all fine.

The IP address showing on my main PC is 169.254.104.60, which isn't valid.

Wifi.PNGScreen Shot 2018-05-18 at 10.34.59.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-18 at 10.35.12.pngScreen Shot 2018-05-18 at 10.35.58.png

I've looked at my HH settings and I can see two devices listed with the MAC from my PC, one showing with a static IP address and one with DHCP IP address - thought netiher actually has an IP address listed just the words Static & DHCP.

When I look at these entried they both say that the device either does not support or is not configured for IPv4 addressing.

This PC was working fine until a day or so ago then it just stopped working. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: HH6 Ultrafast issue with 1 PC in home not being allocated a valid IP address

It could be that your computer has IPv6 selected. Try disconnecting it as follows:

Select Start

In the search field type.ncpa.cpl and press enter.

In the new window right click on your wireless network connection and select properties

In “This connection uses the following items” section remove the tick beside Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) then press OK

Left click on Internet Protocol IPv4, click properties . Check the options to obtain IP address and DNS server address automatically.

Once done try and connect to internet.

0 Ratings
sk_spooky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: HH6 Ultrafast issue with 1 PC in home not being allocated a valid IP address

Hi,

Tried that, didn't work. Made those changes and restarted my PC, wifi still picking up an invalid IP address and cannot connect to the internet. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings