Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
portunus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 24

Re: HH6 resets etc

Hi

Thanks for the update.

yes drops out,  3 days is not to bad, it has done 7 days max! Never done manual resets, it does that without my help!

I will monitor the connection

Thanks again

Doug

Highlighted
portunus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 24

Hi

This is still continuing to do this.  The resets/dropouts are really problematic, usually when doing some thing important!

suggestions welcome. The line is stable and can get 55mb on the clean line which was good when installed. The droputs though bring the speed down.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 24

can you post updated hub stats

can you enter your phone number and post results  delete number but leave exchange and cab

are you using the test socket with filter?

any line noise  check dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
portunus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 24

Hi,
Many thanks for a prompt reply, appreciated. Here are the stats. I think 17 days is the longest have had without reset/rstart.  It is cabinet 3 benton exchange, know this! Line is quiet. No internal wire, just line from socket to Hub one phone connected, wireless to other phone. Thanks again, just that contract is due to end in a few weeks and it would be good if this could be looked at

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ70220037

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B540

Firmware updated:

16-May-2018

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

13 Days, 1 Hours 20 Minutes 2 Seconds

Data rate:

12.46 Mbps / 47.62 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

12542 / 55726

Noise margin:

6.2 dB / 6 dB

Line attenuation:

19.4 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

9507 MB Uploaded / 26046 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 24

I really wouldn't be concerned about 1 drop out in 17 days, quite a few lines do that (due to noise changes).
0 Ratings
portunus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 24

Hi

Thanks again for reply. I think I worded the post badly in the first instance. The HH6 frequently resets. The longest time was 17 days! It often resets every few days, from 3 or 4 to 8 or 9 days. It varies so can't really give exect details. It is this that is the real nuisance. Does this help and am I making sense!

Thanks again.

Doug

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 24

So have you tried using the test socket with a filter to see if that improves your stability 

sorry I forgot to add the link in my last post so can you enter your phone number and post results

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

You are on infinity 2 from your stats but from attainable down speed you cannot get faster than infinity 1 - maybe downgrade and save some money

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
portunus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 24

Hi

Thanks once more for reply.

Using test socket with a BT filter in place.

I am on Superfast Fibre 1 unlimited, I dont think Infinity is available now?

The speed has dropped! The adsl checker returns;

Benton exchange cabinet 3

vdsl clean a    54.5    35    12.5/7.5     32.4

vdsl b impact       52.9    32.4    12.1/7      27.4

observed down  47.4   up     12.23  at 1019/2/20 Note this has dropped since then.

bridge tap/VRI/NTE face   No

Bt Speed test from your BT homepage 39.5/10.7 BT Hub reports 42.29/11.43

connection to pc is ethernet btw

Thanka again for assistance so far

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 24

superfast fibre 1 is just a name change from infinity 1 - same product     just your up speed is 12mb and would be limited to 10mb if you are on superfast 1

from dslchecker results your connection speed is well within the expected range for your connection and unless you can hear noise on quiet line test it is unlikely BT will help

0 Ratings
portunus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 24

hi

thanks for all that!

0 Ratings