cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 32

Re: HH6 used as WAP doesnt allow internet connection

It won't be a firmware version problem.

A factory reset doesn't change the firmware version, there is only ever one version of firmware on a hub, the latest received. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 32

I have done a factory reset on the router and now my apple devices are getting wifi when connected via the WAP. Appears it my have been that this sorted the DHCP problem - though it could be another problem that got sorted.

The first android device I tried hasnt managed to obtain an IP address. Not sure if I should set this up manually. If I do, should I enter the WAP or the router id if asked for a router id?  

Not sure if this means that I need to do a factory reset on a regular basis. 

Progress made. Many thanks for the suggestions.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 32

You shouldn't need to set up Android devices manually, but if you do, use the router IP address (192.168.1.254) as the gateway not the WAP.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 32

After 2-3 hours working on apple devices its gone wrong again. The WAP is connected to router and the apple device to the WAP but no internet.

Looks like this isnt going to work as nothing I am aware of in the last 2 hours happened that should have made this stop working.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 32

I did a factory reset on router. WAP connected to router and device to WAP. No internet. So looks like reboot isnt necessarily a solution.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 32

@Aok 

Not a Powerline issue is it? Have you tried resetting them?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 32

I dont think its powerline issue as I can access the WAP and Router management pages and see that they each have the other as one of the devices.

I have also reset router, WAP and powerline plugs as well as forgetting networks and starting again on mobile devices. I have also restarted mobile device.

I have tried to set up a manual IP address. However even with this, I dont get internet. 

At a loss for what to try.  It just appears unreliable to use HH6 as WAP with HH6 router (but then it wasnt built to be a WAP so perhaps asking too much of it).

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 32

There should be no reason that the Hub6 cant be used as a WAP, I've used both HH5 and SH2 as WAPs connected via TP Link powerline adapters with no problems at all.

Just one point to clarify, don't give the WAP the same SSID as the main hub.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 32

Hi 

The WAP and Router have different SSID.

I am glad to hear that they do work. What is infuriating is that I can see on the WAP and Router page the apple device that I have connected as being active. The apple device has to have a manual IP address which I have set to be outside of the DHCP range of the router; I dont get a IP address automatically. But still no internet.

Any suggestion welcomed.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 32

Does the following information give any ideas for a solution or even what the problem may be?

The WAP and router page say they are connected to each other. From my apple device I connect to the WAP. I can ping the WAP. I can also ping from the apple device to a laptop connected to the router .

The router page does say that the apple device is connected to it. BUT I cant get a ping from the apple device to the router!

0 Ratings