cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 32

HH6 used as WAP doesnt allow internet connection

I have set up an HH6 as a WAP to the router which is also a HH6. I followed instructions to:

1) factory reset "slave" WAP

2) Connected to WAP and changed is IP Address to outside the range of the router and switched of DCHP.

For a couple of weeks I was able to connect iphones to the WAP and got wifi.  I didnt have as much luck with android devices. Then all off a sudden, everything stopped working. I use powerline to connect the WAP to the router. 

I followed 1) and 2) above and reset the powerline connectors but I am not getting internet. I have checked that the WAP is connected to the router. I can connect to iphone to WAP by Wifi but I dont get the internet. The iphone appears to use MAC address ("private address") to connect (it is what I see on the on router). The iphone status is shown as "Disconnected" and the IP address says "IP address: This device either does not support or is not configured for IPv4 addressing." The iphone has an Automatically assigned IP address that is not consistent with what the WAP or router should be giving out and the Router info is empty.  My router and WAP have IPV6 status Enabled. Only the router has "IPv6 network status: Enabled".  Could there be a problem becasue WAP doesnt have IPv6 network status enabled?

I tried giving the iphone a static IPV4 address manually. Whilst this does connect to the WAP. I still dont get any internet.

Any thoughts or suggestions welcomed. Happy to try and provide additional information if it will help. Its seems odd that it worked and then stopped working. 

0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32

Re: HH6 used as WAP doesnt allow internet connection

You appear to have lost connectivity between the 2 hubs.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 32

I thought this too but the router page shows that the WAP is connected.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 32

I wouldn't trust that. Can you connect to the wap management page whilst connected to the main hub and vice versa?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 32

I'd turn off the private addressing on the iPhone & any other Apple devices as this can cause issues on users home wifi.

Not a factor here I suspect but should be done anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 32

Hi 

I had turned off private but that didnt work either. There is an Automatic IPv4 address applied but its outside of the range that the router is supposed to allocate - its not in my network.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 32

With a laptop connected via ethernet to the router I can connect to the WAP management page and the router management page whilst connected via . 

With the laptop connected via wifi to the WAP I can connect to the WAP management page but not the router management page.  With the laptop connected via wifi to the router I can connect to the router management page but not the WAP management page.  

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 32

That's weird. I can only suggest a factory reset of both devices and start again.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 32

Thanks. I will try that.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 32

Hi 

A couple of questions/thoughts.

The 2 HH6 have different firmware settings. The router is connected to "telephone line" and will get firmware updates. The WAP isnt so has never had an update. Could this cause an issue?

If I do a factory reset, I assume that the router will revert to its factory set reset firmware until it gets the latest firmware update at some point.

0 Ratings