cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

HH6 v Smart Hub

Hi all 

My son has been complaining about internet cutting out while gaming on his pc and after much attempted troubleshooting BT are sending a new router. I asked which and she said "Smart Hub 1, because that allows you to manually select the 2.4ghz network which should be more reliable for gaming". 

However, my network calls itself HH6, and the router says on the back smart hub type B. So isn't that what I already have?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: HH6 v Smart Hub

After the HH5 came the BT Smart Hub, there is no HH6, so it sounds like the replacement is the same model.

If your son is a keen gamer, maybe look at a hard wired connection, it's more reliable and no wi-fi interference to worry about, obviously this depends on the distance from the hub to your son's gaming device.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

The network id is BTHub6 which is why I called it a hub 6. Unfortunately hard wiring isn't possible.

Oh well. The current one is five years old so maybe it's tired

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

The successor to the HH5 was the first one to be called a smart-hub but yes you are correct, it is also known as the HH6 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Do you know if it comes with dual band enabled or do I have to go into the settings?

Does it still have that ridiculous. 'smart setup' that tries to flog you but products all the time ?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

BT products, not butt products 🤣

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@EABowdenwrote:

Do you know if it comes with dual band enabled or do I have to go into the settings?

Does it still have that ridiculous. 'smart setup' that tries to flog you but products all the time ?

Dual band yes, it has 2.4Ghz and 5GHz, you can split them so they have their own SSID

Smart Setup is typically account enabled, a new hub shouldn't change it but you can remove it via www.bt..com/mybt

0 Ratings