Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Andunemir
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

HH6 with no WAN port

Go to solution

Hi,

I just received my new HH6 and I've noticed it doesn't have a WAN port. My previous setup with the HH5 was using an Openreach modem connected to the network and then to the hub via the WAN but I can't do that anymore, obviously.

I'm yet to test if there are any variations in the actual speed between the 2 setups but I just wanted to ask for opinions.

Should I stick with this setup as it is? Should I ask BT for a HH6 with WAN (which, I think, there are)? Should I move back to my HH5 + modem?

Thanks!

Andres

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: HH6 with no WAN port

Go to solution

If it ain't broke don't fix it springs to mind but you could always try the HH6 and see how you get on. If you don't like it or have problems you can always go back to your previous set up.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
The HH6 with WAN port is only supplied for fttp connections. Stick with what works.
0 Ratings
Andunemir
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I only got the HH6 because it came for free as part of my contract renewal. I've done a speed test now with the HH6 and with the HH5 + modem and the HH6 seems to give me considerably faster speeds.

I think I should probably get a proper router at some point but, for the moment, the HH6 seems to be an improvement.

Thanks for your help!

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Did you test both the HH5 and HH6 using a wired connection? I've used the HH6 in the past and it was giving me almost identical speed as the Openreach modem (Huawei HG612).

Regards

0 Ratings
Andunemir
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I'm sure if I used Ethernet I'd get similar speeds but my computer is nowhere near the hub so the best possible WiFi signal is what I need, really. Which I guess it's the improvement between HH5 and HH6 with the extra antennas.

0 Ratings