cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

HP wireless printer wont connect to BT Home Hub 5

Go to solution

Hi I hope you may be able to assist me.

I have a new HP wireless printer which wont connect to my Home Hub 5  via wireless

I have had a HP advisor talk me through the process and iv been assured there is nothing wrong with the printer it is easy to put into WIFI discovery mode.

the issue lies with the router i have pressed the WPS button to scan for wireless devices whilst the printer is in discovery mode yet it simply will not connect to the hub wirelessly

I have even been into the HUB manger to see if there is anyway to add the printer but I don't know how to do it or you can t do it.

I also have the Printer right next to the router so there is no possible reaso9n for it not to connect

HP have done what they can do, now i need to explore why the HUB won't recognise the printer

any idea, suggestions would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: HP wireless printer wont connect to BT Home Hub 5

Go to solution

have you turned of smart setup  

Turn Off smart setup

have you split the networks   

Split the networks

after splitting networks then reset printer and start again.  the printer should see the 2.4ghz network when it scans for possible connections then select your home 2.4ghz network and enter the wireless password.  hopefully it will now connect automatically

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Thank you for these two suggestions which I have completed exactly as instructed unfortunately they have not worked
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I wouldn't use WPS, set the printer up manually using the hub wireless passkey. Which model of printer is it?

Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

it is the HP Deskjet 2630
I already have the drivers loaded on my Windows 10 PC and on another windows 7 PC and a windows 8 laptop which are all on a home network
Once i can connect it to the HUB we will be able to print from all 3 PC's
we have the HP smart app which shows the printer as off line
I have a USB cable arriving tomorrow because apparently if we can get the Laptop on line with a USB cable it should be easier to connect it wirelessly

the only way i would get the chance to put in the network key for the hub is if i reload the drivers

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, I have an HP Office Jet Pro 6960. 
When I set the up the printer, I used the set up from the printer to connect to Wi-fi.

Stew

Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Hi Stew
i didn't realize i would have to go through the set up again from scratch in order to get the printer to connect to my router but that is what i did and it is now connected
so thank you for the suggestion
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Thank you for your assistance i am now connected..i needed to start from scratch using the HP App to connect he printer to the BT Hub
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Great. Glad you got it sorted.

Stew