Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulace06
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

HTTP / HTTPS ports open

Hi Everyone,

I have been using GRC ShieldsUP! to check to see if all is good with ports stealthed , open or closed etc.  I have BT hub 5, recently had OneDrive configured, I then removed this.  Installed is KIS 2019 19.0.0.1088 (b) on my Lenovo laptop.

All ports up until recently were stealthed, all good, however, recently I noticed port 80 and 443 are open.  Also All Service Ports scan does not complete, stops at port 415.

My question is:-   Is it OK to have port 80 and 443 open , when it was at a stealth status a few weeks ago and why is the All Service Ports scan stopping, has anyone else had this issue, if so please reply back.

Regards,  Paul.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
michaeldhall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: HTTP / HTTPS ports open

I'm afraid I don't have an answer, but have an identical result Paul;  for many months I've had total 'stealth', but just tried in the last couple of days and have seen port 80 and 443 open.  Very confusingly I also discovered that ShieldsUp was identifying my IP address as a different ip to that given by virtually every other 'whats my current ip address' site on the internet - I'm wondering if a BT proxy could be to blame??

NB. I too have a HomeHub 5, and although I am using One Drive I have been hapilly using that for years even when these ports were not showing as open.

0 Ratings
michaeldhall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

I'm afraid I don't have an answer, but have an identical result Paul;  for a couple of years of monthly checks I've had total 'stealth', but just tried in the last couple of days and have seen port 80 and 443 open.  Very confusingly I also discovered that ShieldsUp was identifying my IP address as a different ip to that given by virtually every other 'whats my current ip address' site on the internet - I'm wondering if a BT proxy could be to blame??

NB. I too have a HomeHub 5, and although I am using One Drive I have been hapilly using that for years even when these ports were not showing as open, so don't believe that OneDrive is to blame.

0 Ratings
michaeldhall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Forgot to say that my scan also stops at port 415.

0 Ratings
paulace06
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Hi Michaelhall,

Many thanks for the reply, I will need to look into this.  I did ring BT Technical Support, however the only advice they gave me was to reset the BT hub 5 back to it's original settings.

Regards,  Paul.

0 Ratings
paulace06
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Hi Everyone,

Any update on my HTTP / HTTPS ports open issue, just did a scan using GRC ShieldsUP! and common ports are now at a Shealth status.  Also the All Service Ports scan now completes, so all back to normal, I have not changed anything, strange..

@ BT ,  Have you done any changes to my BT Hub 5 settings in the background, if so please advise you have done?

Regards,  Paul.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
michaeldhall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I'm the same Paul; full GRC scan now completes. All ports now show 'stealth' and my ip address now shows the same on GRC site as it does on every other 'whats my ip' type website.  NB. I *didn't* do a full router reset.

A real mystery

0 Ratings