cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

HUB1 to TPLINK

So.... I received a TPLINK AC1200 today hoping to swap my BT HUB, but have been unsuccessful in setting it up. Also received an Archer C80 AC1900. Noticed that the AC1900 is only for Fibre/Cable so didn't attempt to use it as I am ADSL.

My question is this, can the above mentioned router act as a direct replacement, or does it need to be connected to the original HUB via ethernet. Tried many configurations and finally was able to connect to TPLINK Wifi when it was connected to the HUB via ethernet. The issue then was that any devices plugged in to TPLINK didn't show up in HUB advanced settings. So am guessing they just weren't connected and I certainly can't configure port forwarding etc.

When I connected the TPLINK directly to the ADSL line I get no internet light on it, the furthest I was able to get was on the Tether app asking for BT user/pass. Entering my BT user/pass wouldn't allow a connection to be made. I'm sure I also tried the generic BT email address and password BT also with no success.

Apologies, as I know that this question has been answered before in these forums, as I'm convinced I seen a step by step guide on how to set it up here... (it may have been elsewhere)....

I'm very tech savvy, but, in this case I seem to have hit a brick wall...

Any assistance greatly appreciated 🙂

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: HUB1 to TPLINK

@gabs777 wrote:

I'm very tech savvy, but, in this case I seem to have hit a brick wall..🙂

You appear to have missed a word out.

That device is just a modem, you can't connect it directly, you either need a standalone modem or change the AC1200 for a modem/router.

Message 3 of 17

Ok, thanks for the swift reply, what device do you suggest? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

The VR400, VR600 or VR900 would probably be suitable for your requirements.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

@licquorice wrote:

@gabs777 wrote:

I'm very tech savvy, but, in this case I seem to have hit a brick wall..🙂

You appear to have missed a word out.

That device is just a modem, you can't connect it directly, you either need a standalone modem or change the AC1200 for a modem/router.

Is the missing word "not" by any chance?

Message 6 of 17

Listen... thanks @licquorice for the solution, very much appreciated, I'll order one now. As for you @gg30340 , with respect I didn't come here to be trolled. I ordered the above mentioned device as it was recommended to me as a working solution. Please, if your comments are likely to cause offence please steer clear of me.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

It is the VR400 that I have.... AC1200 Archer VR400. So what did I do wrong?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

I was not trolling you. I was asking a question which needed clarified! 

Message 9 of 17

Are you sure it is the VR400 AC1200 with a DSL socket you have and not the C50 AC1200 with a WAN port?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Yeah just 4 Yellow ports and DSL at the rear. The drops are seriously affecting my Helium earnings lol. Got this model as, its apparently compatible with Sky too, so if I can get this one up and running am gonna order a few more...

0 Ratings