Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Danwilliams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 33

Hacked by a neighbour

Hi.

I have a BT hub 6A it’s my 4th one.

So my walls are thin enough for me to know my neighbours have hacked me. I can often hear them bragging about it. I’ve called BT so many times like more than 15 and they say it’s fine their end but yet every device I have has been modified. Anyway.

I have used an app called Fing to do some port scans and to get some info. I have screenshots but I can’t put them up in here by the looks of it.

Anyway my router shows up as BTHUB.
It says it’s netbios name is BTHUB (have no idea what that is) and it’s saying it’s a file server.

So a scan reveals that the following ports are open

Domain name server
Http

But then I get this
Netbios-ssn

Secure World Wide Web ssl

Microsoft-ds
Smb directly over IP

Sun-answerbook
Sun answer http server or gnump3d streaming music server

Amanda
Amanda backup util

Sometimes I’m getting a upnp port opening as well on 1900

When I use another device I constantly have this port open

Iphone-sync

I read online that apparently this is a way that some hackers are able to remotely access devices.
Is there anyone who can tell me what’s going on.

I keep upnp off now because of it but yet they are still able to log on and switch it on and come set port forward rules from port 0 to 0 it says on the technical log.

I’m not sure if this is supposed to happen but I have a loop back on my router 127.0.0.1 and I’m pretty sure they have forced my IP to remain static.

Not only this when you go to the IPv6 settings there is no dns it says not available.

When I went on my pc it said there was no IPv6 connection at all.

Also when I do a portscan localhost using my iPhone I get the following ports open

Socks

Ansoft-lm-1
Anasoft license manager

FTP-proxy
Common ftp proxy port.

Also I have seen something on my computer screen called teredo isatap where it says media disconnected.

I’ve had my email password blocked about 40 times this is not an exaggeration.

I think they are using Cisco equipment to link up our hubs.

When I leave the house and connect to a friends Wifi if I do a localhost scan on fing I get

Stun p1 Cisco

It is saying my address assignment is static.
That IPv6 is not configured on the technical logs it has shown some unusual MAC addresses but then they disappear off the devices.

I am getting new static route added with an External IP address that hasn’t changed.

Also with this fing app you can see upnp service info.
For my router I get this

Hostname bthub
Upnp name BT Homehub 6.0A

Upnp services

WanCommonInterfaceConfig(1)
WanPPPConnection(1)

Net bios name BTHUB
File server : Yes

I am also getting NFLC Media Server show up when there is nothing except my phone connected.

I did a cmd net local group I think and it came up with IPC$ and ADMIN$ which means someone is remotely logging in as admin and is sharing files.

I have done a scan over my mums she lives across the road and they’ve tried to stop me from using her Wifi in the past.

When I do a port scan on her router she’s with virgin we get

Http

Upnp

Complex main upnp

Her upnp services then show as

Layer3Forwarding(1)
WanCommonInterfaceConfig(1)
WanIPConnection(1)

And she had a few unknown devices on there as well.

I’ve spoke to BT and they are swearing blind that I can’t be hacked it’s not possible but it seems to be all these servers popping. I have a upnp scanner on my android and randomly after some code has been changed it’s showing that they are trying to make requests using that.

I just don’t know what or who else to ask please help
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
32 REPLIES 32
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 33

Re: Hacked by a neighbour

Do a factory reset of your router, create a new WiFi key, turn WPS off and backup your configuration. If your router settings still change then you have malware on one or more devices

0 Ratings
Danwilliams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 33

I’ve done this but I think they are just using a tool called kali Linux and pentesting and just getting through all the time. I’ve told BT I just don’t know what to do
0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 33

Kali Linux is an ethical hacking tool designed for penetration testing, if they are using it maliciously then they are breaking the law and should be reported. You will need to set a very strong wifi password and change it regularly and perhaps change your SSID as well. A bit of a pain in the wotsit and you shouldn't have to do it but you've already seen the consequencies if you don't. 

0 Ratings
Danwilliams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 33

I totally agree with what your saying and I have been but they are very persistent. I wonder even if they’ve linked me to their own network. As soon as I connect a new device it’s hacked and full of unwanted processes apps. They are using a man in the middle attack to steal my data and I think they are monitoring my devices visually. Watching me constantly. When I go to google account activity I’m getting things come up saying I was tracked at a certain location. They have remotely taken over my android and force synced a google account to it. When I change my passwords they still able to get in. I think they are dropping the ssl from my start point to my end point and are able to get to my password by sniffing. It doesn’t matter if I use 2 factor authentication they still manage to get access. Every app I download ends up being altered to include some obscene open source software. For example the google app has oauth2 from git hub and I believe they use that along with cookie data to get into my accounts. But I just wanted to know more about how this samba server works and how it’s possible for them to put it over my router. They are definitely using Linux. I also want to find a way to trace them back. They have cost me over 200 pounds in computer repairs so far. They have affected family and friends also. They are uncertifying devices. They are able to add intrusive software to monitor texts phone calls WhatsApp messages snapchats. Even down to what I’m watching on my television. BT just don’t have the technical knowledge to deal with hackers and I was told I wasn’t being hacked. I know I am because this stuff hasn’t been happening before and I’m on the verge of cancelling completely going with virgin and getting myself a router to go in front of the hub to keep my ssid hidden. I would probably sell all my equipment then and start from scratch because I think the issue lies on the devices with the malware as well with the router. Any antivirus or antimalware I’m using is not picking the issues up. But as you can see it’s not looking good and just yesterday I had a remote admin login on my pc from ADMIN$
0 Ratings
Danwilliams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 33

It’s that damn upnp it’s allowing them to move through my network undetected. I think they are using logmein or TeamViewer to get access to devices to watch the screens and using VOIP to listen to phone calls and record me while I’m in my house
0 Ratings
Danwilliams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 33

I’m not sure whether to speak to the police about whether this crosses the line into stalking now because it’s constantly Happening. And you can here them flicking a switch of some sort every now and then. They seem to be using Cisco equipment along with their knowledge of open source software Linux distros networking uncertified certifications and programming all together. I asked them who was doing it and they had the cheek to report me to the police saying I harassed them. Yet I can hear them bragging when I’m trying to set up protection for myself. They are shut ins and will sit there watching and commenting for hours. I know this as they read word for word text conversation that was happening back and forth between me and a friend. I couldn’t believe it and they were celebrating when they hacked my ps4
0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 33

the only way I can think of that they can overcome 2 factor authentication is to clone your mobile phone. If this is for real (???) then you must be living near some very clever resourceful people.

0 Ratings
Danwilliams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 33

I would argue they aren’t very clever when I’ve worked out most of what they’ve done and I’m not technically trained it’s just I’m stuck now on how to close off all these ports
0 Ratings
Danwilliams
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 33

It’s beyond me. Why someone would want to monitor someone else to this degree. It’s slimy and disgusting. But I’m more worried about fixing it rather than talking about the people I would like to fix the problem and then prove it’s them.
0 Ratings