cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ian_sally2005
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Had BT Infinity for 4 Months, now fibre is no longer available at my address without notification?

Hi

I have a problem that no one seems to be able to answer. I have has infintiy working fine at my address for 4 months and then it march i noticed the speeds had slowed. Eventually I checked, with no notification whatsoever from BT, to find that my BRoadband had been moved off infinity onto unlimited. When I then wanted infinity back I was told I couldn't get it at my address? Was told by one Member of BT that it was my fault that I never checked the order went through only for another to say it did and had been taken off by BT at the later date. My biggest issue is will I be able to get it back, as BT don't seem to be capable of contacting openreach to investigate so it seems as though the issue will be forever lost in the system! Anyone had the same issue or it resolved?

Thanks

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Had BT Infinity for 4 Months, now fibre is no longer available at my address without notificatio

I don't understand how you had Infinity for 4 months and then got moved onto ADSL. There is obviously something not right about that happening.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

Re: Had BT Infinity for 4 Months, now fibre is no longer available at my address without notificatio

Can you enter your phone number and post results. Remember to delete number. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

What was your previous speed and what is it now?

Moderator-Retired
Message 5 of 12

Hi ian_sally2005, 

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post. 

That's a strange one! Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will take a look into this for you. 

Cheers,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
ian_sally2005
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

broadband.jpg

This is what I get, Thanks!

0 Ratings
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 12

So basically, you had fibre for a few months, then BT just decided to remove the cabinet and your service for no reason at all. I don't know how BT can explain that or how that can be possible lol.

That, or what's happened is that you may have been rewired to another cabinet which doesn't provide fibre although that is very unlikely and Openreach wouldn't do such a thing.
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

can you please run the further diagnostics part of the BT speedtest with a wired connectionand post the results

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

if you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Did you take up the mods offer of help by completing the email?  If so you need to wait the 5/6 working days till mods get back to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
ian_sally2005
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Exactly right, had it fine and BT admit I had it working fine then they said someone move the connection over on their system to standard broadband without any word to us! Strange, all the cabinets around my area have the 'superfast broadband here' labels on them so don't know how to explain it?
0 Ratings