cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Halo 2 Wi-fi disk with solid purple light permanently

Hi - I recently upgraded to Halo 2 and received & set up my new Smart Hub 2 and single Wi-fi disk, but within a few days the Wi-fi disk displayed a solid purple light permanently. No issues with the Smart Hub 2 though.  I’ve tried restarting both disk and router (several times) and tried reconnecting the disk a dozen times via the BT app and an Ethernet cable, have also pressed the factory reset button on the disk. No joy. Tried to follow the online help diagnostics, but end up in a never ending loop telling me the disk is starting up, wait 60 seconds.  It’s been 7 days now - I get the feeling it’s not going to move past it’s solid purple phase!  I would call the tech support line, but conscious of the message on BT website only to call if urgent (and at least my hub is working, so I do still have Wi-fi).  Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3

Re: Halo 2 Wi-fi disk with solid purple light permanently

Hi @CB308 welcome to the forum and thanks for your post. 

Sorry that the disc continues to show purple. When you say you have reset the disc was this with the disc connected to the HUB using the Ethernet cable and then factory reset the disc? Does the light show a solid Blue LED then?
If this doesn't resolve the issue the 
Technical Live Chat Team is available during some periods of the day and you could have a chat with them and they'll be happy to help.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Halo 2 Wi-fi disk with solid purple light permanently

Hi John - thanks for the reply - I’ve tried all combinations re the factory reset - connected via Ethernet, or disconnected - just solid purple 100% of the time. I hadn’t realised the chat support was available at certain points of the day - will keep my eye out for availability.  Cheers. 

0 Ratings