cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Halo 3+ hybrid connection

Go to solution

Can someone please explain how the Hybrid connection works I have a laptop and a Tv connected via wireless ,if the connection goes down how will the 4g hybrid connect to the laptop and tv as neither has 4g capabilities or am I missing something ,I tried turning the hub off to simulate the Wi-fi going down but the tv and laptop didn’t connect to anything and the tv actually said to check my network connections  ... obviously my phone connected to 4g by default ,Thanks 

I have also gone into hub manager and it shows the hybrid connection status as ready and signal strength as good 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Halo 3+ hybrid connection

Go to solution

The Hybrid connects to the WAN side of the hub, i.e it is just as if you had your normal broadband connection.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @Donsfan1903   The Hybrid Connect is simply a 4G Modem and requires your Smart Hub 2 to provide the router functions like Ethernet and WiFi. If you want to test it simply unplug the broadband band cable from the back of the Smart Hub 2, then after two minutes the Hybrid Connect 4G takes over from the wired broadband connection. After the test then plug the broadband connection back in on the SH2 and to modem connection will move back to the wired broadband connection after 20 minutes automatically. 

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Your smart hub gets the internet connection from the fixed line, if that stops working then your smart hub gets the internet connection from the hybrid device, it just replaces where the smart hub gets the source.

In the event of a fault, you still remain connected to the smart hub, which makes it seamless without looking for a new source, no worrying about wi-fi passwords etc, does that make sense ?