cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Has my smart hub been hacked?

Go to solution

So I’ve been having disconnection problems which I’ve talked about in another thread. So a cube engineer visited 2 days ago, logged onto my Wi-Fi to check things, made a phone call to a colleague, who ran checks down my line. He said everything is ok atm. 
but after that visit I’ve noticed in my router log:  dos port scanning and dos spoofing, about every hour. Is this normal behaviour?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Has my smart hub been hacked?

Go to solution

So is this normal? As I’ve never seen it before, only after the engineer visit…..

thank you

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Yes its perfectly normal, just your firewall doing its job. If you are connected to the internet, there will always be somebody port scanning for open ports. Disabling UPnP is also a good idea.

dosscan.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Oh I see, cheers, but won’t turning off upnp mess with connected my devices like consoles etc?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

If you are into online gaming, then yes, turning off UPnP might affect your gaming.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Can’t do that all our gaming is hard wired, but if it’s normal behaviour I’ll just leave it….

Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

I know Licquorice has given me advice on this but it is bugging me the dos port scanning, dos spoofing and dos UDP loop back issue.

the source IPs seem to be from foreign countrys, the ones I checked were from chile and china, are you sure there’s nothing to worry about?

should I try to change my IP address, would that stop these entries in my log?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Every hub in the country will have the same entries, its a function of being connected to the internet. Ne're do wells continuously scan the internet for open ports.

I have just filtered my event log for FRWL (firewall) entries and there are 12 pages of DOS scanning etc in the last 5 days.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Ok licquorice, thanks for the assurance, I appreciate it

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

0 Ratings