Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zomecrew
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Hauwei Phone connection issue

Go to solution
Hi
Having an issue connecting my daughters Hauwei P8 Lite phone to the HH6. It keeps disconnecting her with an 'incorrect password' error.
I have already seen this question being asked on a different thread but no fix was evident. Does anyone know what the issue is and more importantly how to solve it.
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Hauwei Phone connection issue

Go to solution

Welcome to this customer to customer forum @zomecrew

Have you tried splitting the wireless bands?

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56419/~/how-do-i-split-my-bt-hubs-ssid-%28wireless-ne...

Also try turning Smart Setup off.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

0 Ratings
zomecrew
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution
Tried the above and it still has the same issues. Very disappointing so far, only been with BT for 3 weeks and wishing i hadnt bothered.
Can you suggest anything else or is it a case of what many others are saying, the HH6 has major flaws...
0 Ratings
zomecrew
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution
Please can you also confirm, if i was to purchase a HH5 off a well known bidding site would this work
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

If you are going to spend money you should not spend it on a BT Homehub. You would be better to buy a third party VDSL Modem/router. They start in price at about £40. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

@zomecrew

This would be a better option if you do not want to spend much money.

The TP-Link TD-W9970 N300 for about £35 or less. Very good value for money, and readily available locally, so easy to return if you are not happy with it.

There is a review here http://www.kitz.co.uk/routers/tplink_TD-W9970_review.htm

There is a quick setup wizard.

Login details

Broadband Username   bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Password bt

Even though you are not using a home hub.

0 Ratings
zomecrew
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution
I'll definately look at those options however the HH5 is around a fiver on ebay. Would you still recommend the above given the significant price difference?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

@zomecrew wrote:
I'll definately look at those options however the HH5 is around a fiver on ebay. Would you still recommend the above given the significant price difference?

The HH5 has its own issues, one of those is common to most of the home hubs, and that is the lack of external wireless aerials. This is just done for appearance, and degrades the wireless capability.

By all means try a HH5, provided its a good one, and its not an issue with dual wireless bands, or the BT Wifi hotspot signal that is causing your problem. Third party routers do not transmit the BT Wifi signal.

The TP Link one I mentioned on my last post is £29.99 in Argos.

The choice is yours.

0 Ratings
zomecrew
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution
HH5 Type A or B

Or should it not matter?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

@zomecrew wrote:
HH5 Type A or B

Or should it not matter?

There have been reported differences in the firmware which seem to cause issues if you want to set up port forwarding.

For some reason the A versions are troublesome in this respect, and people have reported limited success.

Then again, the B versions seem to give problems if you have additional hotspot devices connected.

0 Ratings