Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Noffy
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Have to keep resetting new hub

Go to solution
I have to reset my hub at least 3 times a week because the wireless speed drops to less than 1.5mbs, but, when I check the speed into the hub using the BT App it shows normal speed to the hub. Spoke with BT via chat and they said change channel etc and monitor for two days, same problem happens again. They said I need a new hub. This one is less than 4 months old! Spoke with BT technical this evening and they say it's working correctly and refuse to replace it! This is an annoying intermittent fault. Any body else have this problem?
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Have to keep resetting new hub

Go to solution

Hi @Noffy,

What Home Hub are you using? Did you split the wireless networks as well as changing the wireless channels?

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Noffy
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Hi, I am using HH5 on infinity 1. Following on from an online chat with BT I moved the router to the main line in changed channels on both frequencies. The speed into the router was 47mbs and Ethernet was comparable. Wireless however drops intermittently to less than 1mbs down and 4mbs up and can only be resolved by resetting. Initially I had problems with tech support understanding this, one guy told me this week that he had fixed it and it would never happen again. It happened again yesterday, called tech support again and they have sent me a replacement hub. Let's see if it is a faulty router.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Noffy,

Thank you for posting back. Let us know how you get on with the replacement Hub.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Noffy
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Hi, just to let you know that the exchanged HH 5 is working very well. I am constantly getting an average of 36mbps wirelessly. I have noted that this router is series A rather than a B like the last one. Not sure what the difference is though.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Different manufacturer and chipset.

0 Ratings