cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Have to reboot router every day to print

Go to solution

I have a smart home hub 2, HP printer & ipad. All connected wirelessly to the router & used to work perfectly. In the last couple of weeks I have to reboot the router every time I want to print. The printer shows connected, the router shows printer & ipad connected. When I press print the ipad recognises the printer but sticks on contacting the printer or if I use HP Smart the print button is greyed out. Any help gratefully received thank you.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Have to reboot router every day to print

Go to solution

Hi @Freckles70 and welcome.

Thanks for posting. Sorry you're having problems connecting your printer. Have you tried changing any of the wireless settings? Check What is the wireless mode feature on my BT Smart Hub? and improve your wi-fi and let me know how you get on.

Cheers

David

Message 3 of 3

Re: Have to reboot router every day to print

Go to solution

Hi David, thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I changed the setting to mode 3 yesterday rebooted the router & the printer worked ok as expected after the reboot. The real test this morning & the printer works without rebooting, success! Everything else connected still works ok, streaming on TV etc & I can still get wireless in the summerhouse at the bottom of the garden. Thank you 🙏 

0 Ratings