cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MarksBB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Having trouble with Router Wifi Connection being dropped. HomeHub 2.

Go to solution

Morning,

My devices keep dropping off from my routers WiFi. At least once a day. This started just over a week ago, and i had a brand new spare HomeHub2 in the cupboard so threw the old one out and plugged the new one in. But obviously i'm still having the same problem. My wired connection is fine however, and works perfectly all the time. My phone/laptop can see the routers Wifi, but it just wont connect to it. Resetting the router with the side buttons cures the issue and its good for a while, maybe a whole day.

Used WifiAnalyzer and can see my router (seems to have 4 entries, 2 BTHomeHub 2-S54G, a BTFon, and a BTOpenzone). All on channel 6.

Then 2 entries on channel 1 For A HomeHub6-5M9R, BTwifi with Fon.

So doesn't seem to congested??

But It feels like theres interference somehow, as this just started suddenly and with 2 differet routers. Had elderly neighbours moved in just after christmas, maybe they've recently bought something to cause this issue?

Anything I can do to help stay connected to my WiFi, 

Many thanks.

Mark.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Having trouble with Router Wifi Connection being dropped. HomeHub 2.

Go to solution
0 Ratings
MarksBB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have a HomeHub2 and when i tyoe the address in the address bar i do not get the screen you show to turn off Smart Setup. Infact i can't find it anywhere on the page i see, even after searching using the A-Z fields.

Mark

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Which home hub 2 do you have, is it the old home hub 2 for normal broadband, or the new Smart Hub 2?

The old home hub 2 does not have smart setup.

You can try manually changing wireless channels to avoid channel 6. Try channel 13.

0 Ratings
MarksBB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

There's no channel 13. Only goes up to 11.

Its on Auto at the moment obviously, on channel 6. But I do seem to be the only one in range using that channel. Other signals are on channel 1.

Edit, acutually its not automatic, its set to channel 6.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

If its the old home hub, then you have to change the channel selection to manual, then you can select any channel.

The old home hub 2s had lots of issues with the internal wireless units, which is why BT replaced them with the home hub 4, which is also dual band.

If you are still in a contract with BT Retail, then you could ask them for a home hub 4, or buy your own third party router. A single band unit costs about £40.

A third party router will  not transmit those extra wireless SSIDs, as they can cause issues with some wireless devices.

MarksBB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
I'll Buy a Home Hub 4 and see how that goes.
Strange that i've not had an issue for 9years, then get the same problem on 2 routers back to back.

Thanks for the help. If I get problems with the new router i'll make a new topic.
Cheers.
0 Ratings