Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k1ano
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Help Regarding Y-Cam Evo (ip camera) on Home Hub 6

Go to solution

Hi all,

Just had BT Infinity 1 installed with the Home Hub 6 (previously on TalkTalk broadband). The service seems to be great and a big improvement overall with one small exception ...

I have a Y-cam Evo camera which worked fine on my previous services. It uses Bluetooth to enable the connection to the home network to be establised via a Phone app - so pretty simple normally with no issues previously with my TalkTalk router.

With BT I can select the Camera in the App and then the list of networks is presented, which includes mine of course, I select this and enter the password and after a miniute or so I get a 'wifi connection failed error'.

I have tried to split the 2.4 GHZ and 5GHZ bands (the ip camera will only connect to a 2.4 GHZ network) but this didnt do anything. I have also tried to turn off the firewall to allow inbound and outbound connections. Also to open up the DHCP range as per my old router in case a low ip number was required. Also unticked the authoritative DHCP settings. Disabled smart setup. All to no avail.

Log don't really show anything that I can see other than connecion attempts on bot wireless frequencies - when using dual band. 

Any help or ideas ?

Martin

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Help Regarding Y-Cam Evo (ip camera) on Home Hub 6

Go to solution

Have you tried resetting the camera to factory default and starting the setup again, in case there were any retained setting from your last ISP?

What is actually connecting to the wireless, as you mentioned Bluetooth?

0 Ratings
k1ano
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks Keith, yes that was the first thing I tried and I hoped it would be as simple as that of course.

I use the phone App to Bluetooth to the Camera which then allows the App to send the setup details to the Camera - the app then shows the Networks that the Camera can see which can be selected. Quite a clever mechanism which is basically a wireless (bluetooth) camera setup before the the camera is able to connect to the home network.

I really have been scratching my head and doing lots of research etc. Might even try using the old network address ranges as BT are different from TalkTalk. I don't expect that will do anything though. Unfortunately this camera also won't allow a wired connection for setup so am limited by the UI as to what I can do.

M

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

If its not connecting to the wireless network, then there is some form of incompatibility with the smart hub wireless.

Wireless connection issues have been reported many times on this forum, but not relating to the Y-Cam.

I do not use a home hub, so I cannot really offer any other suggestions.

You may find some help on my website link Wireless problems

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Logon to your hub, is the camera shown as connected in "My Devices"

0 Ratings
k1ano
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution
No successful connection that I can see! I suspect connection is being denied or cannot be established ...
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Probably wireless incompatibility with the Home Hub 6 if its not authenticating.

You could try different wireless modes on the HH6 as shown on this picture.

Change Home Hub 6 wireless mode

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

It sounds like you entered the wrong wifi key, perhaps you entered the admin password by mistake? (easy done).

Try connecting again but make sure you have the right wifi key first

0 Ratings
k1ano
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution
No absolutely no chance of entering the wrong key - that would be a school boy error for sure ...
k1ano
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks yes thought of that too tried all the wireless modes just in case - forgot to add that in my original post ...

0 Ratings