Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

Help - constantly having to reset wireless channels on HH5

Hi all,

I've had this problem for a while now on my HH3 and now HH5 and BT support seem utterly useless in helping.

The problem I have is my wireless speed will tank over the course of a couple of hours and the only way to sort it is by going into the router settings and picking another wireless channel. The odd thing is, I can pick the same channel and it will be fine.

This is happening on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz wireless. An example of my experience is below as I don't know how else to explain:

1. Put my 5ghz to channel 40
2. Full speed wireless
3. 2 hours later it drops to very low speed
4. Open router settings and change to to channel 38.
5. Full speed wireless
6. Steps repeat.

Has anyone experienced this or have any tips on how to stop it from happening? Very frustrating as the speed is there but I have to manually reset all the time to get it.

Many thanks.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Help - constantly having to reset wireless channels on HH5

from the stats you previously posted the SSID for both 2.4/5ghz are the same - you should change them so different

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Already tried and it makes no difference. They both still drop and I have toannually reset them
0 Ratings
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Also, if I do split them, the 2.4ghz options becomes unbearably slow
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

@Bicceh wrote:
Also, if I do split them, the 2.4ghz options becomes unbearably slow

That should not happen as they are sepeerate networks 

0 Ratings
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Either way - splitting them makes no difference.

Any other suggestions? As I said, this also happened on the hub3
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

you can try downloading inssider3 (istumbler if MAC) and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. If you then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

inssider3.1.2.1

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings