cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Help setting up Tp-link Archer C7 as a access point with smarthub 2

Hi all, I hope Im in the right area here. 
Ive had so many issues lately with BT dropping all the time, I then upgraded to the maximum with hybrid and still dropping and hybrid never kicks in. 
Ive had engineers out so many times but as they walk out the door it all drops again. 
Im thinking maybe the smart devices I have around the home might be adding too much pressure, even though I have three discs. Its that bad my son no longer plays on his games!!
Anyway, Ive decided to purchase a Tp-link -Archer C3 router, as it supports access points, which I intend to move the smart devices, or my sons devices onto. I have followed step by step instructions, but it just will not work unless the ethernet cable is plugged in, which is what I definitely do not want. 
Ive allocated the IP address 192.168.1.50 and tried several others out of the BT hubs DHCP range, all in the same subnet, checked the wireless security and disabled the DHCP on the Tp-link. 
After removing the ethernet cable, the static IP will remain, but no internet. 
Ive now had problems with this internet for so long Im at my wits end. Ive tried so many different ways yet nothing works. 
Thing is, under the current circumstances, my husband works from home, so the internet is a must, that’s why I upgraded to hybrid so if it dropped the hybrid would kick in and my husbands work would not be affected. It hasn’t worked once yet, my husband is also connected via an ethernet!!!

Please, any help will be so welcome  

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Help setting up Tp-link Archer C7 as a access point with smarthub 2

Is there an option in the settings to configure it for WDS bridging? If not, it will only work if connected by Ethernet.

0 Ratings