Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
berg303
Message 1 of 2

Help - setup problems moving back from BT Infinity

Hi,

I've just moved into a new place which has regular BT broadband.

My previous setup was working great on the BT infinity service -the gear was the BT Openreach Modem with a Netgear WDR3400 router (which replaced the BT HomeHub 3 as the wireless connection sucked).

In the new place I can't get the Netgear router to see the internet via the BT Modem - I've played around with a number of credentials/config settings on the router - on auto setup netgear complains the service is using a static IP.

The only way I've managed to get a connection is by plugging in the old homehub3 directly into the ADSL filter on the wall - and not using the modem.

My questions

- The netgear router relies on the modem - are there any settings on the Modem that I need to change? (is it remembering a setup unique to BT Infinity?)

- What should be the netgear settings - I've set it to PPPoe and followed the BT advice on pword credentials

Thanks, Howard

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Help - setup problems moving back from BT Infinity

is the modem not vdsl for infinity as against adsl for adslmax/adsl2 broadband and the router needs the modem at it is just a router as used by cable conenctions.  That is why your conenction is ok when using the HH3 which does either vdsl or adsl

standard broadband is pppoA and infinity/cable is pppoE

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings