cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lrozee
Message 1 of 5

Help with turning router off at night

Hello,

I am wanting to turn my router off between 00:00 and 7:00 Monday to Thursday and Sunday. In the access control I can only turn it off fixed hours.

Also I'm having trouble with the hours. My router is saying 19:41, I have my access control set from 00:00 to 7:00 however it blocking internet access at the wrong time. What is the solution for this?

Furthermore I would like to know if the router will be emitting any signals during the period that the wifi is not on.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Help with turning router off at night

If you turn the router off at the electrical socket it will not transmit anything.

If you use the access controls it will still be transmitting wireless signals. It will only stop the devices that you have set to be blocked from accessing the router.

If you need it turned off you could use an electrical timer plugged into the electrical socket and set it to turn off and on at your desired times. 

I am presuming that you wish to block access to a child between those times.  If that is the case obviously turning it off and on could be easily over ridden.

Access controls can also be over ridden and it is not hard for any computer literate child  to find out how.

0 Ratings
Lrozee
Message 3 of 5

I'm wanting to turn the wifi off at night due to the Mircowaves that a router gives off.

Will turning it off at the plug affect the wifi at all?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

It will obviously turn off the wifi if the router is no longer powered.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

As per my first sentence in my previous post:-

"If you turn the router off at the electrical socket it will not transmit anything".