cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattyBlueEyes
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

High Ping Spikes mainly when playing League of Legends

Hello, I am a high rated League of Legends player and recently i have been having issues playing the game due to high ping spikes, ive had this issue for a while where it goes up and down constantly from 20ping to 400 but it is just becoming unmanageable. Now i have spoken to bt on the phone in which i just get the standard were running a diagnostic today he did say there was an issue and they are sending out an engineer on Monday but i very much doubt this will fix the issue as like i said it has been happening for a while. When my ping is stable i get like 18-20ms but all this week regardless of time of day it has been from 50-400 which is just unplayable. Im not really sure what to do at this point as they just seem to keep fobbing me off is anyone else having this issue. I thought it was just League at first but none of my friends have the issue on other ISP so im guessing it is a BT issue. i would appreciate any advice as im not great at stuff like this. Thanks 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: High Ping Spikes mainly when playing League of Legends

@MattyBlueEyes 

It can be due to errors on your line caused by noise. This causes re-transmissions and delay.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
MattyBlueEyes
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Yeah i have tried that there was no any noise, i just had someone come from bt and they said there was no issue basically and nothing needed to be replaced even though on the phone the guy said a part needed to be replaced. He said they normally have no issues with ping and that it was stable currently and i said well it wasnt the other day and basically every evening and he just said he would check the box up the road and that was it. Just feel like im being palmed off not sure what to d

0 Ratings
MattyBlueEyes
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

when i tried there was no noise so i dont think that is the issue

0 Ratings