cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: High latency spikes when simultaneously gaming online & using streaming video services

Hi @brad20, thanks for confirming that for us. 

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team. We'll take a look at your connection and see what we can do to help improve it for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

Re: High latency spikes when simultaneously gaming online & using streaming video services

What was the third party router you tried?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Netduma
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Did you seek help on their forum?

if you still have it them pop over there and add a @Newfie and I’ll pick it up.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

I'm having the exact same issue. Trying to play the new halo and ping jumps to over 1000 around 7pm-9pm everyday 

Did you manage to find a solution? I've contacted BT and they said there isn't no issues. I can't see Netflix causing big spikes.

Kris

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Has this recently started to happen?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

@Stu_H thank you for your response,

I didn't make a thread on the Netduma forum, but I did see some older posts of users experiencing the same issue and concluded it was on BT's end.
https://forum.netduma.com/topic/30334-lag-spikes-when-streaming/

And no this has been an ongoing issue since signing up with BT almost 2 years ago.

Message 18 of 21

@Krisedgerton No solution atm,

It sounds like we may be experiencing a different problem then, as I'm only having constant latency spikes when someone else is using streaming video services.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Thanks I can see I posted there too 🙂

im still on BT and have to say while I did suffer the issues it’s all clear now. 
If you still have the Netduma, I’m guessing it was the R2 please do feel free to post away on the support site and we can see if we can help you.
hopefully in the meantime JohnC2 can help to see if it’s a problem their side.

Message 20 of 21

Had a similar problem. Same on different machines, wired & WiFi, rebooted router etc. Pingplot showed spikes every 90 seconds. Disabling Google drive (used for backing up photos) seems to have solved it for me. Any other system apps on your setup?

0 Ratings