cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eltoro_72
Message 1 of 7

Home Hotspot 600 issue (cannot connect to DHCP server)

Go to solution

Hi. I have just installed BT home Hotspot and can see the hotspot via wireless. In trying to setup my son's xbox one I keep getting the message "cannot connect to your DHCP server". I have followed all the troubleshooting solutions ie unplugging router for 5 mins etc, but it's still the same. Could anyone advise me please? Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Home Hotspot 600 issue (cannot connect to DHCP server)

Go to solution

Are you able to connect anything, such as a phone or tablet and browse the Internet through the hotspot?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum. @eltoro_72

Have you tried a factory reset of the home hub?

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/%7E/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-set...

You may also like to try connecting the Xbox to one of  the Ethernet ports on the hotspot 600, as that will give you a better connection.

0 Ratings
eltoro_72
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi. Good question! I just tried my Mac and my iphone and both *cannot* connect either. I just get 'No internet connection', yet the green lights are lit on the devices. Although... 'Data' on the main unit (connected to Home Hub 5) is not lit.

0 Ratings
eltoro_72
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Keith. Thanks for the welcome. 

Yes, I could try re-setting if you think that could work. What settings would I lose though?

The xbox is in a room around the corner from the hotspot, although push comes to shove, I could move it into the room. I was originally intending having it there so my daugher could access it also.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@eltoro_72 wrote:

Hi. Good question! I just tried my Mac and my iphone and both *cannot* connect either. I just get 'No internet connection', yet the green lights are lit on the devices. Although... 'Data' on the main unit (connected to Home Hub 5) is not lit.

Check the Ethernet cable from the home hub to the hotspot main unit is pushed in fully both ends until they click into place.

If that does not help, try a different port on the home hub, do not use the red one, as that is the WAN connection.

0 Ratings
eltoro_72
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Keith, seems to be working now! Tried re-setting the router, didn't work. But after (again) unplugging for 5 mins, it worked. So seemed to be a combo of them both.

Thanks for the assistance.

0 Ratings