cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
skmorgan1944
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Home Hub 2 reset itself to defaults - almost!

I have been using Home Hub 2 more or less successfully for a number of years. After a brief period with Home Hub 3 (abandonned because Port Fowarding and Dynamic DNS didn't work properly, I reverted to HH2 which worked very well with the exception that BT Fon was inactive and wouldn't allow itself to be activated. This was not a major problem as I could set my smartphone up on  my home network.

However on Tuesday 3/9/13, I found I was unable to access the internet and then I couldn't access the HH2. Note I use a fixed IP address for my laptop wifi access.

After making a wired connection and setting up as DHCP client, I found much to my amazement, HH2 had reverted to its default settings (IP address, wifi security etc) with the exception of the SSID which remained as  my own setup.

What is more, BT Fon was now activated - note I have done a complete reset in the past to see if I could activate BT Fon but to no avail.

This is a complete mystery and I even wondered whether BT had performed a firmware update but the last update was somewhile ago.

Any suggestions as to what is going on?

Simon Morgan

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Home Hub 2 reset itself to defaults - almost!

This may help to explain the problem.

Reported problems with the Home Hub 2.0

Its usually the power unit failing.

0 Ratings
skmorgan1944
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Home Hub 2 reset itself to defaults - almost!

Keith, thanks for the tip. You website is very useful.

In fact I have been using a new power supply from a Home Hub 3 (which was useless) but I have now bought a new OEM power supply to see if this improves things.

As well as the reset I described, I have been getting a number of dropped internet connects and wifi disconnections. Let's hope a new power supply sorts this out.

Regards

Simon Morgan

0 Ratings