cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mossy14
Message 1 of 4

Home Hub 3 - Apple Devices

Hello,

New to this and not an expert (to say the least). I have a HH3 which has been largely ok for about five years. Over the last few weeks the connection to Apple devices has been dropping regularly, sometimes reconnects straight away, often I have to manually reconnect. Looking at the logs there seem to be a lot of client disassociated/DHCP request/DHCP lease issued/client associated routines, sometimes straight after each other. Is this normal? Getting increasingly frustrated with iPad disappearing all the time. If this is a known problem any suggestions/setting adjustments, or is it time for a new router?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home Hub 3 - Apple Devices

if you are in a fixed term contract with BT then try phoning customer service and complain about the HH3 wifi and see if you can get a new hub hh4/5  otherwise buy a third party router.  I presume you are using a modem conencted to the hh3

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mossy14
Message 3 of 4

Yes, modem connected to router. Initial response from BT was that all is ok with line and hub so must be a device problem.

Interested in why HH4/5 rather than 6 ('Smart')? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

if you get hh4/5 you can still use the modem which many posters prefer as against the hh6  you can also use the hh4/5 standalone if you prefer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings