Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kikkawa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Home Hub 3 Doesnt connect to Android Tablet

Hello Everyone,

I have had this problem since owning the Bt HH3, My Rockchip M31 Anroid tablet doesnt connect to the HH but every other wireless device i try connects fine, my android phone works, blackberrys work, wireless usb's work everything but my tbalet doesnt. The only way i have worked around it is having an old Netgear router connected in extended mode, with the DNS disabled so its all handeld by the Home hub but the connection is very slow maybe 2mbs if im lucky but with a phone connected to the hh i get 50+mbs and 60+mbs on pc connected via ethernet or wireless usb.

I have tried adding the mac address of the tablet into the hub, doesnt work. Extending the lease time doesnt work, changing channel or broadcasting type from b/g/n to b/g but that doesnt work either, so was wondering if anyone had any help with this at all?

Thanks,

Luke

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Home Hub 3 Doesnt connect to Android Tablet

Change home hub encryption to WPA only, and see if that helps.

0 Ratings
kikkawa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Tried WPA and no encryption at all, still no luck there
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Reset the home hub to factory default, then "forget" the connection on the Android device.

Then scan for the connection again, and enter the wireless security key again.

0 Ratings
kikkawa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

I've tried resetting it a few times, changing nothing on it and entering the stock key but still nothing. It works with other devices if i forget them and reconnect with the stock key just no on my Android tablet.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 16

Check that the android is not automatically making the first letter of the wireless passkey a capitol if it is meant to be small case.

kikkawa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Re: Home Hub 3 Doesn't connect to Android Tablet

I have an android phone that connects just fine, the first character is capital so it wouldn't matter about that part. I check to make sure it is all correct but it still doesn't work with it, it sometimes connects but doesn't authenticate.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

Can you connect to the BTWifi connection that is coming from your homehub. You need to use your primary email address and password to connect ?

There was a post a while back where the person had to do a factory restore on their tablet after which it connected.

0 Ratings
kikkawa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

I can't connect to the wifi coming from the bt via email and such as i dont have that setup due to not having the account number and ive tried a factory reset on my tablet before aswell but that didnt connect with it either.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

I know you have said you have done a reset of the homehub and Keith advised you to carry out a factory reset of the hub so this is just to ensure that you did do a factory reset and not just a soft reset. To do the factory reset of the homehub you have to press a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds.

If you have done that and also "forgotten" the connection on the tablet and reconnected then I am out of ideas. 

0 Ratings