Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hubfail
Beginner
Message 171 of 560

Re: Home Hub 3 Port Forwarding (NOT)

Go to solution

Add me to the list of people with HH3 port forwarding issues .

I was also just about to order BT infinity however if I am forced to use the HH3 with this service and port forwading issues are not resolved I won't be going over just yet !!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
monkeypigs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 172 of 560

Go to solution

Was promised this would be fixed in October, mid october chased it up, definately have the firmware upgrade by the end of the month, turns out there is no such thing!

A router that does not route is not fit for purpose. Either give us a fix, or give us a credit to our accounts so we can buy a proprietory router that does the job!

The developers are not providing updates, and I think it's a disgrace that for 6 months I have been left with empty promises.

Sale of goods act states that goods should be fit for the purpose for which they are described.

A router that does not ROUTE is clearly a failure as it only does half the job! "you always get the fastest, most reliable broadband possible." which is simply NOT true as it doesn't perform the required routing so can not be described as reliable so also falls foul of the Trades Description Act.

If this doesn't get fixed soon, I'm off to Virgin

111102-00****

One very unhappy customer!

0 Ratings
bluethree
Beginner
Message 173 of 560

Go to solution

Newly back to BT after 10 years and I am starting to worry if they cannot provide me with a router (HH3) that does port forward effectively to allow for remote file access. When is this going to be fixed or is the policy to ignore customers ? Very disappointed. 

0 Ratings
wbessada
Aspiring Contributor
Message 174 of 560

Go to solution

Not sure if this is what others are experiencing but when I tried this trick I could only access using the .dydns.com when I'm on the lan and if you ping the address it's accessing on the local LAN not via the internet.

When I try from a computer that isn't on the LAN it doesn't work... back to the drawing board!

0 Ratings
monkeypigs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 175 of 560

Go to solution

Exactly the problem I've experienced. Still no solution forthcoming!

I've been told it's my LAN setup, they can't support me because I'm running Linux, and a handful of other excuses!

Odd that my LAN setup and Linux boxes work on an old HomeHub 2.........

0 Ratings
DerekLo
Beginner
Message 176 of 560

Go to solution

Yes that's just a lame excuse - the fact is port forwarding doesn't work on the HH3 !!!

cynet
Contributor
Message 177 of 560

Go to solution

Have had nothing but problems with the HB3, it is a backward step with regards to stability and right now with all the problems I have had I feel like getting a hammer to the thing.

Before anyone states have you checked this and that, yes I have 100 times over, the **bleep** thing still only works when it want's too.

Looking at another router in the new year to buy as there is a old saying in life, what you pay for is what you get, seeing as it doesn't cost a penny to obtain I rest my case, sigh!

0 Ratings
Hyamzy
Message 178 of 560

BT Home Hub 3 Port's are not opening.

Go to solution

Okay so BT recently gave me a HH3 upgrading from my HH2 and I'm experiencing problems with my port forwarding. I'm trying to port forward Minecraft in order for me to host a server, opening the ports 25565 which worked fine on my old router. Now I went through the exact same setup on the port forwarding page, opening both UDP and TCP ports and saving + applying these settings but every program and website seems to save that these ports are closed.

These are the ports
minecraft ports.png

And here is the port applied
ports applied.png

Still though none of my friends can connect to my server, and they could before with the old router. And when I check if my port is open on various websites i get errors such as "Error: I could not see your service on 217.44.?????? on port (25565)" 

0 Ratings
cynet
Contributor
Message 179 of 560

Re: BT Home Hub 3 Port's are not opening.

Go to solution
Gather that the homehub 3 has a firmware bug which doesn't allow you to port forward.

People have been waiting months for a new firmware update, so far there isn't one and seems unlikely there will be.

My advice is buy a router and dump the homehub 3.
0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 180 of 560

Re: BT Home Hub 3 Port's are not opening.

Go to solution
There is an alternative, it is to phone BT and say your Hub is broken, and that you would like a new one and the ones they are sending out at the moment is the Type B which has new firmware and port forwarding works!
0 Ratings