Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wbessada
Aspiring Contributor
Message 181 of 560

Re: Home Hub 3 Port Forwarding (NOT)

Go to solution

I've been PM'ing the mods about this issue which is impacting me and have been told that they're working on a fix but there's no date.

I've just sent the PM below:

Hi, thanks for your reply. Based on the forum posts this has been a known issue for 6 months and while I appreciate it’s only going to affect a smallish number of users surely BT are not meeting their obligations to provide a product that is fit for purpose. Do you think that if we take this to trading standards or BBC Watchdog that may help to get more focus on it or perhaps give BT management an incentive to at least resolve the issue for those who need to port forward by replacing our hubs with ones that work (or giving us a credit so we can buy one that works)?

Can you please pass this message on to your manager and the manager of the relevant department that is working on the fix?

I’m guessing BT don’t manufacture the HH3 so this should be a case of turning up the heat on the supplier surely?

Thanks

cynet
Contributor
Message 182 of 560

Re: BT Home Hub 3 Port's are not opening.

Go to solution
Well have had a new homehub arrive today and still is Type A so not sure where you got your source from that type B is released.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 183 of 560

Go to solution
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 184 of 560

Go to solution

there is a type 'B' but looks like they are still getting rid of stock of type 'A'

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Kingkambo
Beginner
Message 185 of 560

Go to solution
Wbessada- have been pulling my hair out having same issues trying to port forward HH3 so I can access my Synolgy NAS from outside my network. Please keep this thread updated with your progress, more them happy to send an email to watchdog! Find it astonishing that BT can not resolve this issue. Good luck.
0 Ratings
monkeypigs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 186 of 560

Go to solution
Well it's almost 10 months now since I got my HH3..... fingers crossed for a solution sometime this decade!
0 Ratings
Chromanin
Beginner
Message 187 of 560

Go to solution

Add another happy user to the list. Been forwarded 5 times, asked for details 5 times (why ask you to punch the number in the first place if you have to spell it to the operator?), top notch service reached when the guy on the 3rd call forward advised me he was not qualified to deal with my issue, but he would have been happy to sell me btvision. 

Logged a fault yesterday, no trace of it on the system. Way to go BT. you are lucky no one else cares about cabling Northern Ireland.

0 Ratings
Phunt14a
Message 188 of 560

Go to solution

Add me to the growing number of frustrated customers.

0 Ratings
derekpc
Message 189 of 560

Go to solution

The most annoying thing to me about this is that at least 6 months after people started reporting the problem they still issued HH3s with the issue.  I got mine in late August and wasted an awful lot of time trying to get my port forwarding set up again.  Just read DSW's suggesting in message 155 (I think) and it did work.  But, it isn't very useful if you can only forward to a single device.

0 Ratings
MyFunkySelf
Message 190 of 560

Go to solution

Can someone from BT please provide an update on this issue. Seriously, this is ridiculous!