Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monkeypigs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 251 of 560

Re: Home Hub 3 Port Forwarding (NOT)

Go to solution

Sorry, WOL requires you to specify a port number so your out of luck unless you buy your own router (as the BT Home Hub 3 is not fit for purpose) or switch to another provider (Virgin is far superior and we moved over 3 months ago) in which case you get a far better router for FREE!

I'm ashamed to say this, but I used to work for BT. It's such a pity they became so slow at resolving issues affecting a large number of it's customers!

[Note to BT] CSS was replaced by SMART. Shame it didn't last!

0 Ratings
peter7769
Contributor
Message 252 of 560

Go to solution

Thanks for the Info & Advice, Gutted now though Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 253 of 560

Go to solution

Here are some alternative routers Home Hub 3 Replacements

0 Ratings
peter7769
Contributor
Message 254 of 560

Go to solution

Thanks but i should have said i use BT Infinity. Smiley Embarassed

0 Ratings
Highlighted
monkeypigs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 255 of 560

Go to solution

Just get a router that's specific for cable modems! That'll work with BT infinity no probs!

0 Ratings
peter7769
Contributor
Message 256 of 560

Go to solution

Thanks again

0 Ratings
eng33
Beginner
Message 257 of 560

Go to solution

Another newbie totally confused….  My main issue since joining BT and using their HH3 is I no longer have access any bit-torrent content via ‘DownLoad Station’ on my Synology NAS.  The other weird one is when I check for updates to the Synology NAS operating system (DSM), I always get a ‘failed to connect to server’.  Does this sound like a port forwarding issue?  Have played around with firewalls etc.  Would really appreciate some basic advice before I blow £100 on a third party router….

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
BryantI
Contributor
Message 258 of 560

Go to solution

this will be a loop back issue as the NAS will have a internet address hence you can not access this without useing a local name. this is as long as you have opened the ports needed the best way I have found that works is to give your NAS a fixed IP and then type this in when port forwarding on the HH3 as selecting the item doesn't always work.

it is about time that BT fixed this firmware as this has been the same issue for months now.

0 Ratings
DerekLo
Beginner
Message 259 of 560

Go to solution

I've given up with the HH3, and filed it in the appropriate place. I now have a Draytek Vigor  2130Vn cable router and sanity is restored. I use this router specifically as it has 2 VoIP ports. Costs around £181 but it does what it says on the tin!

0 Ratings
eng33
Beginner
Message 260 of 560

Go to solution

Many thanks for the replies guys, it's really appreciated.

So, I had already set up a manual IP address for my NAS as: 192.168.1.105

And below is it's device page (I think) on the HH3, could you advise what and how I need to change?  Thank you!

Screen shot.jpg

0 Ratings