Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BryantI
Contributor
Message 291 of 560

Re: Home Hub 3 Port Forwarding (NOT)

Go to solution

No still very much an issue you can get port forwarding with a bit of work but the Loop back is not happening and BT not interested.

Think long and hard before signing up I am off as soon as my contract is up.

Sharpy
Beginner
Message 292 of 560

Go to solution

Hi,

After browsing through this topic seeing an awful lot of people with the exact same problem, working together to find a fix. Yet i see it is probably one of the hottest topics no matter how old the problem is.

What I found interesting is using torrenting software opened up my ports and where could be accessed according to www.canyouseeme.org

But still, no one was able to reach me even though it said it could see my port was open. Maybe other users can work around this? I'm no expert with this whether torrenting software is legal or not (im unsure of) i shouldn't need to be drove to using it to attempt to open up a port after switching from Orange to BT and paying almost double the price to "HH3" which isn't even fully functional?
total let down to be honest.

Hope this can be fixed soon.

0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 293 of 560

Go to solution

Don't hold your breath! I'm afriad that it would increasingly appear to be a hardware problem that can't be fully fixed in the s/w. SOme have had limited success, but I have tried opening ports 8081 and 8888 to let a YAWCAM camera stream be seen, and although openports reports they are open, nothing is getting through. No loop-back means you need a different ISP or mobile device to check.

No cheers

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MrP
Aspiring Expert
Message 294 of 560

Go to solution

@Sharpy wrote:

...I'm no expert with this whether torrenting software is legal or not (im unsure of)...

There is nothing illegal with torrenting software. What is illegal is downloading copyrighted material.

0 Ratings
markreardon
Beginner
Message 295 of 560

Go to solution

On the hub 3 i just put my xbox in DMZ. it works for me.

0 Ratings
Sharpy
Beginner
Message 296 of 560

Go to solution
Ah I see,

Hopefully some of the more intelligent members of the forum in the field can see if uTorrent/BitTorrenting software can help out!
0 Ratings
psmith64
Message 297 of 560

Go to solution

Just tryimng out various types of IP camera at the moment and am getting frustrated at not being able to manually open a port on this router, can anyone tell me how to open say port 81 so i can get WAN access to my camera.

I know forwarding must work as the totally plug and play camera that I have that actually sets the port up for you works fine on HH3, but these camera's are more expensive to buy so would like to able to set up manually myself if possible.

I see there are a lot of replys on this thead but haven't found an easy answer yet, if there is one.

Regards

Paul

0 Ratings
Bigkevsta
Beginner
Message 298 of 560

Go to solution

I have a serious issue with my HH3 and more importantly, the (complete lack of) support from the sub-continental help desk. I had a HH2 which worked ok as long as you used a different Wireless Access Point, and didnt mind either resetting the hub back to factory settings every month and a half, or going through and manually deleting the devices that had been connecting to it for the last month and a half, 1 by 1! (DHCP assigned addresses were not being released back in to the pool hence it eventually exhausted the scope and refused to issue new addresses!)
The 'technical helpdesk' advised that this was a known issue with the HH2 and would send me a HH3 as a replacement. The HH3 was received, configured and found to be equally lacking on Wireless range. The DHCP issue appears to be resolved, however the Port Forwarding feature does not work correctly. In my example (port numbers changed for demo purposes) i had this configured on my HH2:

Port 1 translated to port 10 on device A.

Port 2 translated to port 10 on device B.

When i tried to configure this on my HH3 it eventually allowed me to set Port 1 to translate to Port 10 on device A, but when i tried to set Port 2 to translate to Port 10 on device B it claims that the rule conflicts with the previous rule.

As you will see - although it is translating to the same port, it is on a different device. Therefore it should work - as it did on the HH2!

After a total of over 12 hours of phone calls to BT over the course of 1 month, and 2 replacement HH3s, I have eventually been credited with £103 to put towards the purchase of a Linksys E3000 router which *should* resolve the issue. They refused to accept that they should support the features on the HH3 claiming that as long as the broadband line worked ok, they have no obligation to support the hardware any further and i was lucky to get the compensation credited to my account.

The device family is a very poor effort from BT - i have never had a HH that works properly. I had a HH1.5, a HH2 and (now 2) HH3's. All of them have suffered with the same Wireles Channel Auto Select feature not working requiring a specific channel to be used coupled with poor range and unstable connections. The HH2 also suffered with the DHCP issue, and the HH3 has the issue with Port Forwarding along with a lack of support for internal loopback. The loopback feature was enabled after my initial complaint - although the technical helpdesk claim they have not altered anything.

All in all - 5 years on and they are still struggling to provide me with hardware that works as it is supposed to, and try to support it with people who struggle ot speak and understand english, and have absolutely no idea about how to provide good customer service. I have been in IT support for several years now, and been in customer service based roles for all of my working life - so i have a pretty good idea what can/cant/should/shouldnt be done. If i treated my customers like the BT Infinity technical helpdesk have treated me, i would probably have been fired by now!

In short - if you want fast broadband but arent fussed about the technical capabilities of the router and have a small house with paper walls, the HH3 should be fine.
If you need port forwarding or have normal walls or anything larger than a bedsit - you might want to budget for a 3rd party router.

0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 299 of 560

Go to solution
Just to clarify - are you saying the loopback feature was enabled by some support agent on the HH3? I was fairly sure this wasn't possible.
0 Ratings
912doctorwho
Beginner
Message 300 of 560

port forwarding home hub 3

Go to solution

It has been months since this was posted from a mod community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/Home-Hub-3-Port-Forwarding-NOT/m-p/243329#M87538

And we still have not recieved a simple little firmware update that will make port forwarding work. I'm pretty sure if I was a computer programmer I would fix this issue easy.

But you guys at BT think we are stupid. Oh dear we forgot to press the apply button StephanieG well why after months of pressing the APPLY button it still won't open the ports.

Why can't you just fix this problem out BT. Maybe some people can't afford to pay £100 for a netgear router. But if you don't fix this we will have to get an expensive netgear router that works perfectly. Or even switch to a different ISP.

I rely on port forwarding but with your routers I can't because you cannot be bothered to fix a little bug.

Now no more thinking we are stupid and update it.

0 Ratings