Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patty1892
Aspiring Contributor
Message 281 of 560

Re: Home Hub 3 Port Forwarding (NOT)

Go to solution
Not sure if you are intentionally trying to be an idiot or not???? Having tried all of the suggested fixes IT STILL DOESN'T WORK! If I leave the translate port empty when configuring a custom setting I get an error saying translate port empty??? The only option I get is to forward to a device name - not an ip address! Where is this illusive user defined ip address setting? All my devices are static ip outside of the dhcp range with names without spaces!!! This should be a 30 second job! Utterly ridiculous
0 Ratings
BryantI
Contributor
Message 282 of 560

Go to solution

When you select the port to be opened then there is a list of Devices scroll to the bottom of the list and there is "User Defined IP Address" select this and a box opens up below it were you enter your IP.

If you are making custom port forwarding under the advanced tab you need to have the port coming in and the port you want it mapped to normally the same number or a range.

And you always have to make sure you click on apply.

This is how I have done it a number of times as I had to change the Home Hub 3 as the wireless stopped working completely.

I hope this helps.

0 Ratings
BryantI
Contributor
Message 283 of 560

Go to solution

Thinking of changing router has anyone had any experience with this model? TP-Link TL-WR1043ND  as currently only £42.40 on Amazon.

0 Ratings
Tillypup
Aspiring Contributor
Message 284 of 560

Go to solution
I've replaced my HH3 with the WR1043ND, on the plus side the port forwarding and local loop back work without any issue. All ports gigabit so also replaced a tplink switch, wired and wireless speeds are very good as is the wireless range.

Two negatives, firstly my HP printer is only recognised as an AirPrint device for a few minutes after rebooting router/printer - tplink support no use whatsoever. Secondly the router locks up every couple of weeks so has to be rebooted.
monkeypigs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 285 of 560

Go to solution
Can't believe there is still no solution forthcoming on this one.

Everyone who is disgruntled with BT should opt out of BT Fon so they're no longer a free wifi point for other BT customers, and lets see how long before the adverts singing the wonders of BT infinity have to change!
Distinguished Sage
Message 286 of 560

Go to solution
a good hint BryantI
BryantI
Contributor
Message 287 of 560

Go to solution
Thanks for this not sure if it's better than the HH3 I would like to have the loopback as have a home server but as I travel for work don't want it locking up as the wife and kids would get mad if I am the other side of the world and no net??? maybe need to keep on looking and spend a little more
0 Ratings
patty1892
Aspiring Contributor
Message 288 of 560

Go to solution
Cheers BryantI

I managed to get one port open using your advice of the user defined ip address!

Bizarrely though, following the same steps again i could not get port 3389 open, nor even a different external port translated to 3389 for RDP.

Wierd! Thanks again for your help - looks like RDP is one step beyond infinity!
0 Ratings
BryantI
Contributor
Message 289 of 560

Go to solution

I use Team viewer on all my PC's as this is free for home use this allows me to log into any PC or my server from anywhere in the world I also use this on my Mums laptop to support her as they live 2 hours away.

0 Ratings
jarekuk
Beginner
Message 290 of 560

Go to solution

Hi All,

Do I understand correctly that BT didn't resolved this issue yet?

I'm about to change my internet provider and I don't want to spend days trying to setup port forwarding.

0 Ratings