cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JemilJB
Message 301 of 560

Re: port forwarding home hub 3

Go to solution

I got Infinity installed 2 days ago and as everyone else is experincing here I too cannot port forward. I called BT just now and they're sending me a Type A HH3... Not sure its going to work from what I read in this thread, but I'm game and I didn't have to try very hard for them to send it to me

I tried switching back to my my old router (Linksys WAG320n) but for some reason I was syncing at much lower speeds (22mb approx).

Alternatively, I would suggest hunting ebay for a juniper netscreen 5 - you should be able to grab one for cheap (<£20) and should resolve the port forwarding issues. (this is plan c, already got one sititng here)

"

And we still have not recieved a simple little firmware update that will make port forwarding work. I'm pretty sure if I was a computer programmer I would fix this issue easy.

Why can't you just fix this problem out BT. Maybe some people can't afford to pay £100 for a netgear router. But if you don't fix this we will have to get an expensive netgear router that works perfectly. Or even switch to a different ISP.</quote>

"

I echo those sentiments. It really shouldn't take this much effort, and really, its not exactly "advanced" functionality

0 Ratings
912doctorwho
Beginner
Message 302 of 560

Re: port forwarding home hub 3

Go to solution

do homehub 1.0 s port forward correctly

0 Ratings
Perds
Message 303 of 560

Re: Home Hub 3 Port Forwarding (NOT)

Go to solution

Not sure if this answers all the problems but here goes.

I've just recently received a HH3 and for some reason a Type A not the latest B.

I set up a couple of devices for port forwarding so I could view my CCTV.

This had previously worked on two different routers but would not work with the HH3.

A bit of investigation and testing showed that when I entered the port numbers and used the 'any' protocol for both TCP and UDP, port forwarding failed.  This also appeared in the log as forwarding external port 'NULL' to internal port '9000'.

I thought this is a bit strange to see a 'NULL'.

I deleted the entry and replaced with two entries one for TCP and one for UDP for the same port range,ie:

TCP 9000->9000

UDP 9000->9000

(There's other ports as well )

These were all accepted and appeared correct in the  Event log, accessed via Troubleshooting.

This works and all the ports are forwarded correctly and I have CCTV from anywhere.

I've tried resetting, restarting, fixed IP, Dynamic IP, all of which makes no difference if you put the entries in separately and DON'T use the 'Any' protocol Port forwarding works.

It would be good if the BT engineers can verify this.

Why can't you release the update for loopback as you say you've solved the problem. It's all supposed to be really easy using the Internet, why wait?

0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 304 of 560

Go to solution

WELL!!!!!

Today not only is port forwarding working for my YAWCAM - but loopback is also!!! Has there been a firmware upgrade I wonder?

Currently it reads:

V100R001C01B031SP09_L_B

Anyone else seeing this or is it just because I have put in for the free speed upgrade!!

Whatever - THANK YOU at last BT!!

Cheers

0 Ratings
MrP
Aspiring Expert
Message 305 of 560

Go to solution

@Meteosat wrote:

Has there been a firmware upgrade I wonder?

Cheers

Does it not state when it was last updated?? You appear to be on Type B, as the version number you quote is a completely different format to mine (Type A). My firmware was last updated 20/04/11 (almost 1 year ago!)
0 Ratings
Meteosat
Aspiring Expert
Message 306 of 560

Go to solution

Not on mine - it says last update date unknown, and yes i have the B version

0 Ratings
TheEagle
Beginner
Message 307 of 560

Go to solution

Yesterday I just had Infinity 2 installed. My old Hub 3 would NOT work..................kept powering off.

Luckily I was given a new hub 3.

I can confirm that portforwarding does work (albeit you have to slightly set it up different); and I can also confirm that LOOPBACK also works with my CCTV cameras.

Also clock now working with correct time.

Software version V100R001C01B031SP09_L_B | Time & date 10:10 20/04/2012

0 Ratings
MartynIT
Beginner
Message 308 of 560

Go to solution

Ive just spoke to someone in the uk dept and they are sending me out a Homehub 2 as this does not have issues. im happy with that but the initial call to overseas and 50mins on the phone trying to explain that IT DOES NOT WORK did not sink in. lol

new router arriving friday.

Martyn

0 Ratings
robhorton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 309 of 560

Go to solution

Port forwarding on my HH3B works fine and I can access my IP camera locally and externally using the camera's url. My port forwarding points to the camera using the device name. However my brother has a HH3A and the only way he can get port forwarding to work is to point to the camera's internal IP address rather than the device name. In both cases a static internal IP address is required. The rub with the HH3A is that my brother has to use the IP address of the camera internally, and the url when he's away from home!! Not ideal, but at least it works.

0 Ratings
hawkeye2012
Message 310 of 560

Go to solution

I have also tried to set up port forwarding on hub 3 without success,

I play the game trackmania canyon and could not set up in game server

found out that on the hub 3 port 80 is closed so no loopback. bt must be able

to sort this one out had no problems with other routers. Come on bt get this port 80 open

so all of us can enjoy our game, or is this just a firmware prob. I wait with baited breath.

0 Ratings