cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robsonfamily
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Home Hub 3 & Router With Parental Controls

Hi - I want to be able to exercise control over the kinds of websites that my kids can access through my BT BB and the times of day that they can do this.

As we have a mixture of PC, Mac, iPhone and Android devices in the home I really want something that I can control centrally.

I'm not technical so my assumptions could be wrong, but the best way to achieve this seems to be to disconnect the Home Hub 3, replace it with a NetGear router which will then allow me to use their Live Parental Control service.

I don't know whether the NetGear would replace the Home Hub 3 (I think this is a router and a modem, while the former is just a router) or whether I need to disconnect the WI-FI from the Home Hub 3 and provide this through the NetGear.

Does anybody know whether I need to simply replace or piggy-back and where I could find an idiots guide to doing this?

Thanks.

Chris.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Home Hub 3 & Router With Parental Controls

If you are on ADSL, then something like the TP-Link TD-W8960N would allow you to use OpenDNS which has free parental controls, it also has its own internal URL filtering and access control.

There are a number of people on this forum using this device.

It can also be used on BT Infinity if needed.

Its a replacement for the home hub 3, but allows you to change DNS settings.

0 Ratings