cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 20

Re: Home Hub 3 keeps losing Internet connectivity (but not wireless signal) for wireless connections

@petemead wrote:

have been having thi problem for a week or so as well.

Are BT doing anything about it?

Your problem could be connected with your other post about BT Desktop help. Once you have uninstalled that piece of junk see how you get on and post back. If you still have a problem start a new post and detail what is happening.

0 Ratings
metaphase
Beginner
Message 12 of 20

Re: Home Hub 3 keeps losing Internet connectivity (but not wireless signal) for wireless connections

Sadly no change. Off to check the Sony site for driver updates - was using a Samsung netbook this evening without an issue either (also Win 7), so I wonder if it's some interaction between Sony and HomeHub wireless cards?
0 Ratings
metaphase
Beginner
Message 13 of 20

Doubt it - I've been experiencing it for a few months now but only finally got round to posting about it today! (it's at my folks' place so I don't normally need to use the internet that much but am staying over for a couple of nights so it's bugging me more than usual!)
0 Ratings
metaphase
Beginner
Message 14 of 20

OK I don't want to tempt fate, but SO FAR it seems that installing the latest network driver updates from Sony seems to have done the trick. The other devices were all on 802.11g connections, with the Sony laptop on 802.11n, so I'm suspicious that may have been the issue - given it's a newer standard it looks like Sony were still updating them. Fingers-crossed things keep working!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 20

old drivers can cause untold problems
0 Ratings
metaphase
Beginner
Message 16 of 20

Indeed! Sadly of late I've just been replying on Windows Update to keep things up to date - however it seems that there are some that it doesn't pick up on quite so well!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 20

it never has done
0 Ratings
metaphase
Beginner
Message 18 of 20

I find it varies depending on manufacturer - certainly on a few of my homebuild machines it quite happily obtained updated WHQL-approved hardware drivers. Laptops do tend to be a bit more manufacturer dependent.
0 Ratings
bulwinkle
Message 19 of 20

I have a HH3 that keeps losing connectivity, both wired and wireless. Over a period of 6 months it has lost connection so many times that I have lost count. 

The signal is there and all the lights are blue but it does not connect.  Sometimes restarting once will do the trick other times it is a couple of restarts or a full reset before it is working again.

I have spoken to BT Helpline a couple of times and not had any luck even though I spent over an hour on the phone each time.  Big problem is that they do not have experts answering the phones so they just go through the script.  We changed channels, even though that has no effect on the wired connection, and carried out a few more checks but the problem remained.  We even ran a check of the WIFI output which reported that there was too much metalwork around the hub.  At the time the hub was dangling out of the attic in mid-air with my laptop about 2 feet away!

They refused point blank to send out a new hub but I have fixed the problem by buying a new router. 

A TP-Link WD8980 Wireless Dual Band Router has now been in place for a couple of months and not been restarted yet but still going strong!  The hub is in the bin where it seems to fit quite nicely!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 20

Glad to hear that you are now having trouble free internet by replacing the homehub. Rather than throwing it in the bin you should use it for somthing usefull like a door stop or a paper weight!