cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicky123
Message 1 of 8

Home Hub 3 looks connected but I cannot access the internet at all on any devices

My Broadband was installed last Wednesday. The Home Hub 3 has all the blue lights on like it should work and on both my iphone and BB it suggests I am connected to my hub correctly. However I am unable to use the internet for anything. When I try Google it says "cannot connect to server", I get the same thing with FB and Linkedin apps. It is not like it is even slow and trying to connect there is nothing at all.

Unfortunately I am getting nowhere with the BT phone helpdesk, would anybody on here be able to suggest a solution?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Home Hub 3 looks connected but I cannot access the internet at all on any devices

Silly question, but have you entered the wireless passkey for the hub on your devices, assuming you are trying to connect wirelessly.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Re: Home Hub 3 looks connected but I cannot access the internet at all on any devices

Have a look at this link to see how to connect to the Homehub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/35905/346

0 Ratings
Nicky123
Message 4 of 8

HIya

Thanks for your response, yes I have entered the pass key and in fact on both my iPhone and my BB it looks as though I am connected, so on the iPhone there is a tick next to my home hub reference under Wifi settings.

Its the next stage that doesn't work when I go to use the internet I get the "cannot connect to the server" message.

0 Ratings
Nicky123
Message 5 of 8

Hiya

Thanks for your response. My iPhone and BB are all connected to the correct hub reference under wifi settings but the internet still doesn't work.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

When you highlight and click on your Homehub's name and then enter the wireless passkey this should show that you are connected. If you still can not connect to the Internet I would try a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. 

When the Homehub is restarting "forget" the connection on your iphone and re-start the phone. Once everything has started up, try remaking the connection.

0 Ratings
MrP
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

On the HH3 web interface, what (if any) connected devices are shown under "Settings > Advanced Settings > Home Network > Devices"?

Just curious... if you're broadband was only installed last Wednesday, why have you not got a HH4 or HH5?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aratark
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

When the devices are showing connected, but you have no web, are you able to access the router via a web browser on 192.168.1.254?  If not, you could try removing the dsl cable, powering the router down using the power button on the back, leaving it off for about 20 seconds and powering back up again using the power button.

Once the outside 2 lights are back to blue, try accessing the router then.  If you can access it, try putting the dsl cable back in and trying web again.

0 Ratings