cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pilkeith
Message 1 of 7

Home Hub 4 Orange light every morning

I've been a BT broadband customer for a few weeks now and I seem to be having a recuring problem.

Evey morning when I turn on the laptop or go to use the ipad or my phone over the wireless broadband connection, the light on the router turns orange. It stays like that for a couple of minutes, the flashes green until it then turns a solid blue for the rest of the day and everything is fine thereafter. 

It's getting a bit annoying so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Home Hub 4 Orange light every morning

it's automatic power save  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43669/c/346/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzk4NTg5OTIzL3NpZ...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
pilkeith
Message 3 of 7

but our phones and ipad are always connected to the wireless network and will be looking for push emails. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
kenkyle236
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

The hub4 never had a power save feature, an orange light indicates that the connection has dropped. If your hub light is going to flashing green every morning then your hub might be in a reboot loop which means that your hub could be faulty, I would go out and get a replacement 😉
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

@kenkyle236 wrote:
The hub4 never had a power save feature, an orange light indicates that the connection has dropped. If your hub light is going to flashing green every morning then your hub might be in a reboot loop which means that your hub could be faulty, I would go out and get a replacement 😉

Read the link written by BT about hh4/5

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
kenkyle236
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

I did, and they never have a power save mode which makes the light go orange here are the light indicators: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44266
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Then is conflicting information not unusual but either could be correct. you would need to check the logs to see if connection dropped every night which is not good for your connection. If connection time stable then it is a type of power saving if not then connection problem which needs fixed

0 Ratings