Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianking
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 37

Re: Home Hub 4 and TP-Link WA850RE Extender

Go to solution

Glad the instructions worked. Mine is still working too.

...Ian

0 Ratings
fletrik
Beginner
Message 22 of 37

Go to solution
Having the same problem with Internet but only when the TP link is plugged in. With an ipad2 the extender works perfectly but then every other wired or wireless connection then goes down. I'm running a windows 7 desktop, a couple of laptops on wired into the hub with another iPod touch running wireless. Before I installed the Tp link everything worked fine on the home hub v2. Have been through the setup a number of times and initially everything is fine for about 5 mins then it all just collapses into a mess of non connectivity. Am trying to get TP link tech support to have a look at the problem and also downloading all the latest firmwares for the TP link just in case.
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
fletrik
Beginner
Message 23 of 37

Go to solution

RESOLVED MY PROBLEM WITH THE EXTENDER! YAY! With a BT Home Hub 2.0  - Connected to the TP link extender on wireless - opened up the admin page and did not use the quick set up feature. Instead click the exit button on the quick set up page. go through the displayed menus on the left hand side of the TP LInk admin pages and find the entry where WDS is showing as "enabled" click this to be DISABLED ... the home hub 2 doesnt have WDS and the home hub 3 has WDS but has been disabled in the firmware by BT.  Everything kicked in perfectly after that setting was disabled on the TP Link Extender. No need to change DHCP or anything else! RESULT ... iPad2 works in the garden.

0 Ratings
ruberoi
Message 24 of 37

Go to solution

I'm really stuck with the same issue. I've reset to factory default 3 or 4 times and have tried the following in order:

1) Disable WPS

2) Complete quick setup to connect to my HH4

3) Change LAN IP Address to 192.168.1.54 (Reboot)

4) Disable DHCP, start IP Address is 192.168.1.100, end IP Address is 192.168.1.199, Default Gateway and DNS Servers set to 192.168.1.254 (Reboot)

I still get the 'too many redirects' message and don't know what to do. Should I be using Range Extender Mode 2 instead of Range Extender Mode 1? Does anyone here have any other advice? I'd really appreciate any help I can get on this.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 37

Go to solution

Did you read the other thread as well?

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/TP-Link-WA850RE-problem/m-p/923716#M57461

You should be using the Universal Repeater Mode, whichever that is. Do not use WDS mode , as it will not work.

I think mode 1 is correct, but check the manual.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
ruberoi
Message 26 of 37

Go to solution
I did read the other thread. What is WDS mode? Is it the same as WPS? There is no mention of Universal Repeater Mode.

I notice that if I do a google search, it works but if I click on any link I get the 'too many redirects' error.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 37

Go to solution

WDS is (Wireless Distribution System), and is not supported by the home hubs.

WPS is (Wifi Protected Setup), I would not advise trying to set it up this way.

You need to setup the device manually, using the wireless key, as described in the online manual, and on the threads that I mentioned.

0 Ratings
Craig85
Beginner
Message 28 of 37

Go to solution

I am having the same problems. I recently switched from talktalk to bt and I have this same extender. It works fine on talktalk but on bt it won't work, its keeps saying "This webpage has a redirect loop". Only one webpage seems to work, which is facebook, the rest comes up with the loop message. I tested this also on my mobile phone the information is correct but I still get the looping errors.

I have set the ip address on the extender to 192.168.1.252.

I have set the gateway and dns on the extender to 192.168.1.254, which is the ip of the home hub 4.

The hub key is input correctly in the extender and pc network settings.

DHCP is disabled on the extender.

It's on range extender mode 1 (no WDS).

I've also set the SSID (extender) name different to the root SSID (hub).

I've tried multiple factory resets and still can't get it to work.

The device was working perfectly 1 day ago on the talktalk router before I switched to the BT home hub, so the device isn't faulty and yes I factory reset it when I set it up to connect to the bt hub.

The firmware version for the TL-WA850RE is 3.14.2 Build 130110 Rel.59385n

The hardware version for the TL-WA850RE is WA850RE v1.2 00000000

Anyone else got any ideas on how they got theirs to work as I am at a loss. 

0 Ratings
scuffy2000
Message 29 of 37

Go to solution

Hi Guys,

Just purchased this today, can anyone please tell me how to set it up so it will work with my playsation 3, an idiot proof help would be appreciated. I have the bt Home Hub 4 and also I use a imac. thanks in advance Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 37

Go to solution

It would be pointless to use a range extender with the PS3, as the speed reduction and increase in ping times, would make it unusable as a gaming device.

Wireless repeaters (Range Extender) are only really suitable for increasing wireless range, for things like tablets and Smartphones, where they are mainly used for e-mail, web, music, and SD video.

You would be better of using one of the BT products to connect the PS3 using Ethernet.

See

http://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt-broadband-extender-200-kit-8W3r.html

0 Ratings