cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
f1982
Message 1 of 5

Home Hub 5 Business/Residential Lock

Hi. I had a HH3 which was damaged so I purchased a HH5 on ebay as a replacement 2 months ago.

All working great until yesterday when it slowed down to a crawl and all my web traffic gets routed to a BT.com message saying I need to pay my BT business account bill.

I'm residential, not business - aparantly these homehubs are configured to either residential or business accounts.

Does anyone know how I can change this setting? 

Is it possible to install the residential firmware if not just change a setting?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Home Hub 5 Business/Residential Lock

did you change the user name in the hub to bthomehub@btbroadband.com with any password say BT?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
f1982
Message 3 of 5

I didn't change a thing. The first time I looked at the settings was last night after speaking with BT and noticed straight away when I logged in via the IP address that it says its a BT business hub.

Do you think there is something I can change in the setting which may swap it to a residential hub?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

uyes you should change the username as it probably says btconnect and should say bthomehub@btbroadband.com

enter 192.168.1.254 into browser then enter hub manager with admin password then you should be able to change the username

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
f1982
Message 5 of 5

Many thanks for your help. I'll try this tonight and let you know if it was successful. 

0 Ratings