cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SJC1
Message 1 of 3

Home Hub 5 HP Laserjet400 m475/476 connection problem

I have a problem with the network scan function on HP printers m475 & m476, the connection drops out after a few minutes. The blue light for wireless connection is on, but the scanner software can't find the network folder and home hub can't identify the printer as a connected device.  Worked fine on HH3!  Managed to get the ports open (thanks to Keith _Beddoe's very useful guides). If I turn the printer off and back on again it's fine but not for long. I've split the 2.4/5 Ghz channels, printers connected to 2.4Ghz. Static IP addresses set outside range (per Keith's instructions), disabled smart wireless and manually set channel. WPS off, rebooted HH and all devices but still won't hold it's connection (at least not fully). Print  test page and it comes out after long delay. Somthing must be interfering with the network access via wifi. Hoping someone can help as I've tried everything I can find on the forums (many problems reported with HP printers and HH5!).

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Home Hub 5 HP Laserjet400 m475/476 connection problem

there should be no problems with connecting a printer by wireless i have used both for a long time now and never had any problems
0 Ratings
SJC1
Message 3 of 3

Re: Home Hub 5 HP Laserjet400 m475/476 connection problem

Have you succesfully maintaned a connection between an HP Laserjet400 m475 or m476 with a HH5?  I don't have a problem making a wireless connection, the problem is maintaining it. Even when the HH5 does not identify the printer on the network it will still work initially, then it drops the ability to connect to a server on the same network unless I turn it off and back on again. 

0 Ratings