cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
net77932
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Home Hub 5 Type A stuck on old firmware

I have been having wireless connection issues, nothing major, but enough for me to look into it.

I came across this page: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13073/~/how-can-i-check-the-firmware-version-on-my-bt... which said the latest firmware for my Home Hub should be:

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A)

My Hub reports:

BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.173.1.4 | Last updated Unknown

Should I care? Not sure if later updates cure my disconnection issues (which happen at busy WiFi times).

I have Infinity Option 2, the Hub is directly connected without using another modem and is on 24/7.

I tried a couple of online chat support calls to BT to understand why I dont have the latest firmware. Not sure they really understood the question, and I got the impression they thought I was trying to blag the latest Hub from them. No, I was asking about the latest firmware, not Hub.

I hardware factory reset it about a month ago, so it cant be a configuration issue.

Anybody had a similar problem (is it even a problem?).

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home Hub 5 Type A stuck on old firmware

firmware updates are automatic problems with wifi at busy times would not be a firmware problem more likely a congested wireless channel try manually selecting a different wireless channel
0 Ratings
net77932
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

The spectrum isn't that busy where I am, I have already manually moved the frequency around and it doesnt stop it happening.

Thanks for the advice, but thats not my main issue anyway, as I have worked around the problem with an addition wireless AP. I wanted to know if it was common for the Hub to shrug off firmware updates like mine is doing.

I have read many posts on here over the years about peoples Hubs getting firmware updates that they dont want, but mine doesnt seem to care and sticks to the version it had when it came out of the box a couple of years ago.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

there have been a few posts like yours where firmware does not appear to update but as far as I remember there was never a solution - there is no manual update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings