cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gswhiteuk
Message 1 of 8

Home Hub 5 Type A stuck on older firmware - No update since 2014!!

According to the BT Website my Homehub 5 type A should be running the following firmware 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11

However, I appear to still running with older formware from April 2014! 4.7.5.1.83.8.173.1.4

The latest firmwware is meant to fix the hub resets. My Home hub drops the line at least 4 times a day.

So question is how do I get the latest firmware downloaded and also why has my Homehub never been updated by BT??

Any help would be most welcome please.

Smiley Wink

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Home Hub 5 Type A stuck on older firmware - No update since 2014!!

The firmware upgrades are automatic and cannot be manually downloaded. Leave your hub connected 24/7.

0 Ratings
gswhiteuk
Message 3 of 8

the hub has been connected for two years. If it was going to update I think it probably would have updated by now?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

by connected we mean connected to the internet 24/7 not just powered up

the latest firm ware for the hh5a ends 222.1.1   204.1.11 if the firmware previous to that and yours is before that

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gswhiteuk
Message 5 of 8

Hub is powered up 24/7 365 and still has firmware from 2014. How can i get this updated.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

as already said it is automatic - there is no manual upgrade for hub firmware

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gswhiteuk
Message 7 of 8

Thanks for everyone's reply. I realise everyone is trying to be helpful. But updates that are designated 'automatic' that don't work really do not compute with me...!

If my HomeHub 5 is on the network and powered on all day / all year why has the hardware not recieved an automatic update?  Because the BT Service that administers the Automatic update must be broken.  If I have not recieved an update for two years and I am two revisions behind, there has to be a way BT can push the update.  Because their automatic service is evidently broken.

I have tried calling BT who are complete idiots generally and have been unable to find answer elsewhere.  I have no avenue to escalate, and it looks like I will have no option but to just replace the router with another make or manufacturer as BT cant even get a simple software update delivered to their users correctly.

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Excellent response @gswhiteuk

You have hit the nail on the head. I thought Sky were slow with updates but BT are atrocious. There is a total disregard for customers in how this end of the business is being run (or should that be 'not' run).

You would be much better off replacing your hub as so many others like myself have had to do.

Good luck. 

0 Ratings