cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Home Hub 5 What phone can I use with it.

I got my HH5 internet is up and running fine. the phone that worked with talk talk down the stairs has no dial tone. Is this a BT issue I need them to address? or do I need a phone that connects to the hub? What one will?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Home Hub 5 What phone can I use with it.

can you check the phone at the test socket and see if that works  test socket.jpg

if it works then are there ant wires attached to the back of the bottom half you have taken off?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Home Hub 5 What phone can I use with it.

It should make no difference what phone(s) you use.

I will guess that you've had an engineer install of Infinity with a new master socket (rather than a self-install).  In that case, it sounds like they have managed to disconnect the extension as part of the install, and failed to re-connect it again.  The wires to the extension should come out at the back of the master socket, and just need re-connecting to the faceplate of the master socket.  If that wasn't the case, then it may be that the extension socket was wired wrongly by whoever installed it, and the engineer disconnected it because otherwise it would have interfered with the broadband.

Edit: If I'm right, the phone should work fine when plugged into the master socket, and only have a problem in the extension socket.

0 Ratings